Hello everyone, and if you are in the UK, I hope you have been able to take advantage of the amazing weather we've been having lately. Crikey we had two bank holiday weekends and a royal wedding with glorious weather and who would have thought that could happen? I love the smell of line dried laundry so I think every single washable thing I own has been washed and hung out to dry, just in case the wet weather comes back! Well, the time has come for another challenge over at Happy Little Stampers Christmas challenge, and our optional twist this time is Joy. Wow, how did we get to June so fast - I can't believe we are halfway through the year, and although it does seem a tad perverse to sit inside making Christmas cards when the sun is blazing down, I'm feeling a bit smug about how my Christmas card pile is growing! How about yours?
Our winner for this challenge will receive a $20 coupon to spend at the shop! Check out all the details HERE.
I didn't go with the twist this time, but I came up with this card using my new Merry Kissmas stamps from Happy Little Stampers.
1) Die cut a stitched square in white card.
2) Stamp the poinsettia swag from the HLS Merry Kissmas set 4 times around the edge of the panel to create a frame. Colour it with Copic pens and then add dots of glue in the flower centres and on the berries, and add some glitter.
3) Die cut a red scalloped oval and white plain oval shape, and stamp the greeting from HLS Let it Snow stamp set in red ink and emboss with clear embossing powder. Place this in the centre of the panel.
4) Stamp and die cut a red bow using the PTI Bells and Boughs set, and a green fern from the MFT Leafy Greenery die set and adhere these at the top of the panel.
5) Die cut another stitched square die, this time from red card and stick it to the centre of the base card. Finish off by raising the centre panel on fun foam and add it to the card.
I really love the new Christmas sets from Happy Little Stampers and can see them being pulled out lots of times for my Christmas cards this year.
Why not hop over to the HLS blog to get some inspiration for the DT, and you can link up your entries there if you decide to join us this month.
I'd like to play along at
The 12 months of Christmas challenge #42 - anything Christmas goes with an optional theme.
Crimbo Crackers Challenge #159 - anything Christmas goes
The Merry Christmas Challenge #22 - anything Christmas goes.
Thanks for stopping by.