Hello there and welcome to the August challenge over at ABC Christmas Challenges
1st to 31st August Challenge
Our host this time is Sharon
Q - Quotes
R for Robin or Rabbits
Our Sponsor this time is
$25 gift certificate to lawn fawn
and there is
a lovely prize from Sharon
I decided to go for Robin and came up with this card:-
1) Die cut the Papertrey Ink Coverplate: Comic Strip die from white card.
2) Gather the inside pieces that have cut out and stamp them with the Papertrey Ink Background Basics: Twinkle stamp set. When they have dried, ink the edges with some red ink.
3 Stamp and die cut all the images in the Clearly Besotted Red Robin stamp set, and then colour with Copic markers.
4) Mat the white frame die cut onto some red card and adhere all the twinkle pieces back into place.
5) Arrange the robins on the card and add the Santa hat and crown before coating them with glossy accents. It was hard to capture the gloss but you can see it a bit better on the small picture at the top of the post.
6) Die cut the Paper Smooches Merry Christmas die three times and stack it before coating with glossy accents and adhering to the centre panel.
7) Die cut a couple of pine sprigs from the My Favorite Things Fab Foliage die set and stick them in each corner.
8) Finish off by adding some more mats and raising the panel on the base card. Use a gel pen to add some white spots to the robin's eyes.
You have until 31st August to join in with us this month and I can't wait to see what you have to share with us. You'll find lots of inspiration over on the blog and you can link up your entry there too. It certainly seems strange to be making Christmas cards while it is so hot and sticky, but quite honestly I prefer to be cool in my craft room when the temperature outside is over 28 degrees. Such a wimp! Good luck!
I'd like to play along at
The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge #33 - anything Christmas goes
Hiding in my Craft Room # 363 - any holiday
Christmas at Sweet Stampin' July Challenge - anything Christmas
Thanks for stopping by