Wednesday 3 April 2019

Papertrey Ink Bold Borders: Yuletide and Clearly Besotted Most Wonderful Christmas card





Hello and welcome to the April Challenge over at ABC Christmas Challenges




Our themes this month are 

H for Hang it Up

and

I for Intricate

    Lynda is our host this month and she is offering a couple of fabulous prizes .



and




I went with 'I' for Intricate and came up with this card.




 I started by painting some card with Imagination Crafts Starlight paints in various shades of green and yellow. Once it was dry, I die cut the Papertrey Ink Bold Borders: Yuletide and was left with a lovely intricate, shimmery frame. I used a PTI Impression Plate to emboss the white stripey background and adhered the frame to it.




I stamped the sentiment from the Clearly Besotted Most Wonderful stamp set using Versafine Ink and heat set it because the ink would not dry well on the shimmery card.

We have lots of inspiration from my talented team buddies over on the ABC Christmas Challenges blog and you can link your card up over there.

I'd like to play along at

Christmas Kickstart Challenge #7 - delectable diecuts

The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge #46 - anything Christmas goes

Christmas at Sweet Stampin' march - anything goes

Thanks for stopping by.

Hugs
Carol 

19 comments:

Helen said...

Beautiful card Carol - love all those shades of green!
Helen x

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Carol, such a fabulous die cut frame.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Mac Mable said...

Such pretty colours of the starlight paints and I can imagine how shimmery they are. What an intricate and pretty die cut. Such a striking card x

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love your beautiful card design. Love the shimmer.

Lynda said...

OOOhhhh - that shine is amazing - and those colours........fabulous card, especially with the stripes in the background. Those Starlight paints are amazing, aren't they. :)

Sarah said...

This is lovely Carol. The shades of green are amazing xx

Carole said...

I love this Carol...what a superb die, and you have created a fab background for it...and that sentiment panel just finishes it off too. xx

Jeni Mc said...

Wow this really is intricate Carol .the background goes so well with the stamp . I still treasure the card you sent with my prize after my accident. Jennyxx

CinnamonSally said...

Wow this is gorgeous, and love that Christmas die, hanks for playing the Christmas Kickstart Challenge.

Donna Ellis said...

Wow! Fabulous use of color and die cuts, Carol! I don't recall seeing the ombre effect done this way before and it is striking! So beautiful! Thank you for uploading your pretty project to Christmas at the Sweet Stampin’ Challenge so I could come visit. Hope to see more of your pretty submissions in the future. Please check back to see if you are a selected DT favorite!
Warm Smiles,
de
{Creative Smiles - my little crafting world}

Samantha said...

Fabulous card hunny I LOVE the colours and die cut so pretty, hugs me xx

Nora Noll said...

I am loving the green ombre look on the outside die. Such a fun way to frame that awesome sentiment!

Ros Crawford said...

Wow! This is stunning!! I love the arrangement and the sheen is beautiful! Fabulous colours too Carol!

Lynda said...

A great colour scheme and layout for our challenge at The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge, and that central sentiment is perfect. Thank you for joining us :) Lynda DT

Julie B said...

Love this frame die Carol.
Thanks for popping over and leaving such a lovely comment, I can't wait to get the all clear!
Hoping I will be back and driving in time for P Sunlight! :)

Dotty Jo said...

This is gorgeous, Carol! I was trying to get a similar effect a few weeks ago but was obviously using the wrong medium (inks). That paint is perfect. Love this card. Thanks for playing at The Christmas Kickstart Challenge, Jo x

crafty-stamper said...

WOW gorgeous card love all the shimmery greens and beautiful foliage die-cut panel

Carol x

Kim Heggins said...

So beautiful...love all your wonderful colors and fabulous design.

samantha's cards said...

What a lovely Christmas card, thanks for joining us at The Holly and Ivy challenge.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...