Friday 15 April 2022

MFT Happy Pawlidays Christmas card and Crafter's Companion Create a Christmas Star card


 Hello everyone and welcome to another challenge at 


This time our themes are 

H for Ho Ho Ho
(Use the words or Santa)

and 

I for Inky


Our lovely host this time is Helen and she has a great prize for the winner




This is my Ho Ho Ho card




I used the MFI Happy Pawlidays for my sweet puppy and I coloured him with Copics, but my skill level with them wasn't up to colouring the tiny lights without making a mess, so I used fineliners for those before covering them and the nose with a couple of layers of glaze pen. The background panel was stamped with a sentiment from the set and I used a PTI linen impression plate to give some texture. The arches are from the MFT arch dies and I used the Memory Box Pinpoint Burst Plate on both. The Ho ho ho stamp is from an old Impression Obsession set.



For my inky card, I inked up a panel of card with some Crafter's Companion Sparkle Pens, and they have a beautiful shine that I found hard to capture on camera.



I used an old Crafter's Companion Create a Card die to cut the top in white card and placed it over the top. I white embossed the sentiment in the centre of the star and cut and stacked the PTI Joy die.




I hope you will pop over to the ABC blog to see lots of inspiration from the team and you can link up your entries over there.

There are so many different holidays around this time, but I hope you enjoy whatever you are celebrating this beautiful spring season, and, of course,  that you get to eat some yummy chocolate! 

I'd like to play along at 

Krafty Chicks Challenge #607 - Christmas

Through the Purple Haze #191 - Include an animal

The Holly and Ivy Challenge #113 - anything Christmas goes


Thanks for stopping by.


Hugs

Carol x



12 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I love your Santa Paws, so cute and your star/Joy card is very effective, both are fabulous Carol.
Faith x

Sue said...

Gorgeous cards Carol love the Santa Paws hugs Sue x

Loll said...

Two fabulous Christmas cards Carol!! Love that sweet puppy wrapped up in lights. Adorable!! ... made me smile. Your star card is so beautiful. Love the gorgeous white die-cut over your shimmery background. Lovely. xx

Mac Mable said...

Thank you for the smile on your first super adorable card Carol x. The pens on the second look so pretty and what an elegant and beautiful card x. Enjoy your chocolate!

Brenda said...

OMGoodness, your puppy Christmas card is just darling Carol! I love how you have colored this sweet little guy. His lights look great and stand out nicely using the fineliners. I also love your die cuts you placed him on. Such an adorable card! The shimmer and shine is so hard to capture in a photo, but I can imagine how gorgeous this card is! What a clever use of the shimmer pens too! I love the look you got with them and I love how you used this panel on your card. That cover die is gorgeous...your card is gorgeous! And you can see the shimmer/sparkle some shinning through. Yay! Hugs, Brenda

Sarah said...

What a cutie that puppy dog is!! Lovely cute design. That star of wonder is amazing xx

cotnob said...

Two super cards Carol, they are both fabulous.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Leanne said...

What wonderful cards, I like the die you used and the blue background is wonderful the white sure pops, nicely done, and thank you for playing our challenge at Krafty Chicks Challenge.
Have a great day and happy crafting!

Leanne DT Member/KCC
Krafty Chicks Challenge

Ros Crawford said...

Hi Carol... two fantastic cards... Loving that panel you created, never heard of those pens. Sorry I haven't been able to visit. I hope you are well

Trina P. said...

Two awesome cards. One adorable and the other beautiful.

Witchcrafted Life said...

Fantastic cards, Carol. The first one is off-the-charts adorable, the second as timelessly lovely as winter itself.

Autumn Zenith 🧡 Witchcrafted Life

Fabiola said...

C’est trop joli Carole, joyeux et scintillant, biz

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...