Thursday 9 June 2022

Wild Rose Studio Singing Penguins and Clearly Besotted Christmas cards



 Hello everyone, and welcome back to the ABC Christmas Challenge!

Thanks to everyone who played along last month...we had some beautiful entries so don't forget to check on the blog to see if you were a lucky winner. Well, I don't know how it happened - but we are halfway through our year of challenges already!  However, thanks to this great challenge, my little pile of Christmas cards is growing nicely and I am on track to have no last-minute card-making panic. Even if you haven't started yet, there is plenty of time to climb on board and join us. 


We have two fabulous challenge themes for you to choose from or combine this month
 and they are:

L for Little
and
M for Music


Julie is our host this time and she has this cute Spellbinders Special Delivery Die Set as  the prize for the lucky winner




This is my L for Little


For this card, I used the small fawn stamp and die from Clearly Besotted and created a frame for him with the MFT Rectangle Peekaboo die. The background is a birch stamp from Clearly Besotted and the sentiment is from Papertrey Ink. I couldn't resist giving the fawn a little red nose with a Nuvo Drop because he looks like a young Rudolph to me!



My M for Music card:-



For this card, I stamped the Singing Penguins stamp from Wild Rose Studio and coloured it with Zig Clean Colour markers before masking it to create the background. I cut this panel with a stitched rectangle die and then cut another piece in white card because I wanted to extend it to become a square piece. A little strip of red card covered the join. The sentiment was stamped in red ink and clear embossing powder was added and heated to give a shiny effect. I matted the panel onto some red card and then added it to the base card before finishing off with some stickles on the white hat trims. Then disaster struck! The stickles went too near the edge and some of the red ink leached onto the white fur trim making a complete mess of it. At this stage, I was very reluctant to bin it so I stamped it again on some scrap card and carefully fussy cut just around the hats. I then stuck these over the ruined hats and added a little fluffy ball to each of them. Whew!

Our Challenge runs until the 9th July and our lovely Design Team has some great inspiration over on the ABC Christmas Challenges blog. I hope you will join us this time.

I'd like to play along at






Thanks for stopping by


Hugs
Carol x

19 comments:

Sue said...

Totally gorgeous Carol and I can honestly say I have 1 Christmas card in my pile LOL hugs Sue x

Loll said...

Love that sweet little deer ... adorable card Carol. Your singing penguins makes me smile. What a happy card. xx

Brenda said...

Oh goodness, both of these Christmas cards are way to cute Carol! I love the "L" for little card, that little deer so looks like a young Rudolph! lol I love this one! But....I am so loving the second one too, how cute are those penguins in their Santa hats?!! Your clouds are amazing looking and it looks like these sweet little penguins are just floating along on a piece of ice singing their hearts out for all the other animals on shore. lol Too cute! Hugs, Brenda

Helen said...

Fab cards Carol - love that little deer's red nose!
Helen x

Fabiola said...

oh que c'est mignon, biz

Mummylade said...

Two really amazing creations ❤️

Heather said...

These are both darling, Carol! Love that tiny deer, and what a cool frame for the woods - gorgeous design with your layers there! And of course who wouldn't love a line of caroling penguins?? Adorable, lol. Thanks so much for playing at Sparkles!

Lynda said...

A gorgeous couple of cards Carol - Thank you for joining us at The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge xx Lynda/Loopyloo DT

Sarah said...

Fabulous cards Carol, love the look of the peekaboo frame on the first and your penguins are so sweet. I never think to stamp in colour...it looks amazing!! xx

Lia said...

This is soooo adorable. An amazing card!
Lia DT POE

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Fabulous cared and I especially like the one with the sweet little penguins x

Diane said...

Both cards are absolutely adorable!! Thank you for joining our fun at Peace On Earth!
Diane POE DT {Nellies Nest}
{Can You Handle The Pressure}

Mac Mable said...

Two adorable cards. Love the singing cuties on the second and the tiny fawn on the first x.

Debbie said...

Two wonderful cards and so cute too. The first one is perfect for our Sparkles christmas challenge. Love the clean and simple feel too. The red nose is perfect. Good luck. Hugs Debs DT x

Marie Bingaman said...

Sweet, sweet cards, Carol, and a nice save on the Christmas hats! Darn red ink anyhow! :)

Vickie Y said...

Adorable penguin card! Thank you for sharing with us at POE Christmas Challenge.

Carole said...

Love both these cards carol...the deer scene is lovely and the frame sets it off nicely and the singing penguins are so cute. Love our colouring. Hope all good with you. xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Both are just wonderful CArol, I can see them in a designer shop for sale. They are?
I hope I'm back to normality with my 'puter!
Faith x

Just Peachy Stamping said...

Both cards are fabulous and perfect for the Sparkles Cute Critters theme. You did a fabulous job of fixing the hats on the singing penguins. Thanks for joining us at the Sparkles Christmas Buddies Challenge. Hope to see you again soon in the gallery

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...