Wednesday 10 August 2022

John Next Door Bauble Frame and Altenew Diamond Frame Christmas cards




Hello everyone and welcome to another challenge over at ABC Christmas Challenges.


Our host this time is the talented Helene from Mummylade and she has a little gift for the winner of this month's challenge


We have three themes for you this month and as we have reached P, Q, and R we have:

P for Pink

Q for Quarter

and/or

R for Reindeer


First up is my P for Pink


I took some white card and used inks to blend a pink ombre effect with Spun Sugar, Picked Raspberry, and Abandoned Coral Distress Oxides. I cut the Altenew Diamond Frame cover die and added this to the panel. 

The focal image was made with the Sue Wilson Festive Collection Christmas Tree Greetings die which I cut a couple of times in green and white so I could stack them and add a drop shadow.



My second card is Q for Quarters



For this one, I used the John Next Door Bauble Frame dies and just used the inner parts of the baubles to cut into the card. This provided three of the quarters and I completed the fourth one by adding a die-cut snowflake to the card. I matted the panel onto some aqua card and placed some red emelishments to add some contrast.



You'll find lots of inspiration over on the ABC Christmas Challenges blog and I'd love to see your entry in the gallery.

I'd like to play along at






Thanks for stopping by.

Hugs
Carol x

14 comments:

Sue said...

Gorgeous Christmas cards Carol hugs x

cotnob said...

Beautiful Christmas cards Carol, they are both fabulous but I especially like the gorgeous baubles, they are so pretty.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Carole said...

Two really super cards carol. Your ink blending is really superb behind that lovely diamond and your festive tree..it says it all and is very classy...as is the quarters one with those fab dies ad snowflake ad the pretty shade of blue you have chosen, with just a pop of red. Hope all good at your end. xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW! Carol, absolutely both of your cards, fabulous designs and love your shading and the beautiful simplicity of both.
Hope you are well.
Faith x

Helen said...

Gorgeous cards - love the baubles!
Helen x

Diane said...

Beautiful cards!! Thank you for joining our challenge at Peace On Earth!
Diane POE Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Peace On Earth}

Rajani Rehana said...

Please read my post

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog

Mummylade said...

The quarter card is amazing,you really nailed that one! Thank you for your marvellous DT contribution to my P,Q,R-theme at ABC Christmas.

Rajani Rehana said...

Please read my post

Paper Therapy Ponderings said...

all of your cards are beautiful, wonderful blending and colors
Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers.
Barb Housner

Ros Crawford said...

Hi Carol, than you for your lovely message... I'm okay but I struggle to type so it takes me ages to correct all the mistakes. Fabulous cards and as always your blending is perfection!

Dotty Jo said...

Thanks for playing at Christmas Kickstart, Carol, your cards are just stunning, Jo x

Fabiola said...

très élégantes Carol, biz

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...