Sunday 18 September 2011

Papertrey Ink Birthday card

Hello everyone,

Sorry I haven't updated for a while but things have been a little hectic and my husband and I also spent a few days away exploring Edinburgh for the first time. It really is a fascinating city and I was particularly struck by how the old and new live side by side with the new Scottish Parliament building being opposite the Palace of Holyrood. We walked until we were exhausted but with all the hills and steps, I think we came back a lot fitter. Its my birthday tomorrow but before I go into a decline at the thought of my advancing years, I thought I'd share a card I made that is for the current challenge at Passion for Papertrey. The challenge was to choose a card from one of the Papertrey Design Team and take some inspiration from it. I chose to case a card from Heather Nichols which was created for the Stamp a faire event. The challenge was to create a card with an aperture but I didn't have time to post it then and the card has been sitting on my desk so here is my offering:-



Stamps used were Big Birthday Wishes, Signature Greetings and Little Bitty Bird. I also used the little bird die, some Ripe Avocado dotty ribbon, button twine and a green button.

Thanks for looking,
Hugs
Carol x

10 comments:

Linby said...

Happy Birthday for tomorrow Carol.
This is such a beautiful card, love the little robin the aperture.
Linbyx

Barb said...

this is so sweet Carol! love the birds especially the one perched on the sentiment, genius! great card and...happy birthday!!!

Beverley said...

Best Wishes for your Birthday tomorrow. Beautiful card. I love how you turned the bird into a robin :)

Aimes said...

What a sweet card! Love that li'l robin! Have a super duper birthday tomorrow - use it as the perfect excuse to indulge in whatever you fancy!
Thanks for joining us on A Passion for Papertrey!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Shelly said...

I like the colours that you have used on this ... Perfect for winter birthdays, especially those around Christmastime. And I concur about the robin ... how sweet!

Shelly X

Stella said...

Your card is lovelyl the birds too cute! I love that little peek you created; made me think if a small birdhouse...Have a lovely birthday!
XX

Ann said...

Oh love those little robins - that set is on my wish list and has been for ever! But Christmas cards are just around the corner!

Lee said...

Gorgeous card. Love that Little Bitty Bird stamp set.

Carolyn/MamaC said...

What a beautiful card! I love how you attached the ribbon!
Carolyn
http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com

wendy said...

such a cute card !

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...