Sunday 25 September 2011

Thank you card Papertrey Ink



Hello everyone,



I hope you are having a great weekend. We've been moving our daughter into a new flat so it has been rather hectic but as today is PTI Blog Hop day, I'd like to share a card I made. There was an inspiration picture again and this time the theme was colourful stripes


I needed to make a thank you card so I took the opportunity to use stripes on it. I cut the stars with the Seeing Stars dies, and then cut the large star into strips and colored them with Copic markers as per the colours in the inspiration picture. I reassembled the strips as the focal point and ran the smaller star through a star embossing folder.



The sentiments were from Star Prints and Think Big Favourites, and I softly inked the white card with some Hawaian Shores ink to take some of the stark white away. Some HS ribbon, a gem for some bling and a couple of aqua mist buttons finished the card off.

When I first saw the inspiration picture, I thought of making a rainbow card but as I posted one a couple of weeks ago, it was too late to use it here. However, here is another peep at it in case you mised it.


I'm going to enter the star card into this weeks Simons Says challenge which is to use dies.

Thanks for looking in and enjoy all the blog stops today.
Hugs
Carol x

18 comments:

barb said...

beautiful cards Carol! i love the bright linear patterns in the star and the still bright but more muted tones of the rainbow card...lovely!

Kara said...

gorgoeus cards!! love the star..so cool!!

Karen C. said...

Great cards! Love the strip of polka dot paper under the star and the matching button. They really highlight the colourful star.

Marge said...

Both are great, but your star card just leaps off the page -- LOVE it!!!

Sara Mac said...

LOVE what you did to create the stripes on the star! The diagonals of the strips create such wonderful visual interest.

Leora said...

Love, love, love your start card!

Anonymous said...

Both designs are fantastic, Carol! That striped star is SO cool!

Anonymous said...

Great cards! The rainbow would have been just perfect for this challenge, but you found another great choice.

Tracey McNeely said...

Both cards are fantastic!

Ally said...

Both cards are so nice. ;-) I love the stripes with the star on the first one, especially with that think big favs sentiment. Great cards! ;-)

Kay D said...

That star is awesome! Great take on the inspiration photo!

Stephanie said...

Carol.......I just absolutely love how you cut that star up and made it look phenomenal!!! Just gorgeous and happy. I love it!

Marybeth said...

Hi carol, I love your star card. I like the large thank you too. Hope your daughter is settled into her new flat. Take care!

Linby said...

Your star card is stunning, the colours really pop, well don on matching the colours so well with the copics, I thought it was printed paper before I read your write up.
Lynn x

Kristii said...

Absolutely beautiful!!! The star totally steals the show in the first card!! I totally love all the color!!

Anne Tussing said...

Great cards! LOVE that fabulous star!!

carol (krillsister) said...

Beautiful card. Love how you used a variety of color on the focal star. The stamped ribbon the the card is awesome!

Lori said...

Love the multicolor star! Great way to incorporate the variety of colors in the inspiration photo.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...