Monday 28 December 2015

Christmas gifts

Hello everyone,

I hope you all had a Happy Christmas and were able to spend some time with family and friends to celebrate the season. We had a very busy run up to Christmas with lots of choir concerts and social events which were lovely, but I'm ready to have things slow down now in this lull between Christmas and New Year. I had a few health problems throughout December so I'm afraid I have been a very poor blogger because other things had to come first, but I hope that 'normal service will resume soon' as they say!

I thought I would share a couple of Christmas gifts I made now that they have been given



This started life as a Ribba Photo Frame from Ikea. I removed the inner card frame, adhered some frosted vinyl to the inside of the glass, and then added the red design on the outside. The design came from the Silhouette store and I cut it on my Cameo out of red vinyl.

After replacing the glass in the frame, I stapled a string of battery operated Christmas lights around the inside before sticking the battery pack on the back with some velcro. This is how it looks when it is lit up




Next up is a Hot Chocolate gift set



I bought the aqua spotted travel mug and placed it in a bag with a little Christmas tree tag and some spotty aqua ribbon. Then I made a mug hug out of aqua felt from Papertrey Ink using their Coffee Cozy Dies. I added a little stitched heart to the front and made the packaging using other PTI stamps. 


I wanted to add a Costa gift card so I used the PTI Gift Card Greetings Die to make a nice little packet to hold it. I cut it from aqua mist card and stamped it with sentiments from the MFT Hug in a Mug stamp set and a snowfall background stamp.


For the front of the gift card holder, I stamped, coloured and fussy cut a cup stamp from the PTI Latte Love stamp set. A tin of yummy Green and Black Hot Chocolate finished the little gift off. I have made this kind of gift set before, but I love it in this colour.

Finally, here is a little gift holder for nail polish that I made using my Silhouette Cameo.



I cut the holder from kraft card and then made mats for it using PTI spotty kraft paper. The sentiment was embossed in white on the same paper and then cut with a couple of oval punches from Stampin' Up.


Well that's all for now except to say thank you so much for coming to visit me this past year. I hope you have found something to interest you, and I really appreciate your encouraging comments, I'll be back soon with a round up post of my favourite cards of the year, and before we know it, we'll be jumping into 2016! How did that happen so quickly?

Thanks for stopping by

Hugs
Carol x

6 comments:

Sarah said...

It's always lovely to see you Carol and I hope your health issues are resolved. Can't believe that Christmas is over, I always feel sad knowing that the tree will soon be down after the New Year festivities. These are such lovely makes, the Christmas light frame is spectacular, such a good idea. The Beverage set looks fabulous in that pretty aqua colour...Love the cosy!! The nail lacquer holder is genius, you are so clever, it will look fabulous on any dressing table. Wishing you good health and happiness in 2016 xx

Nora Noll said...

Oh Carol!! These gifts you made are fantastic!! I LOVE the first one with the lights in the back. That is so cool!! The little coffee set is adorable and I NEED to make the nail polish one. Really great gift ideas!!

Alanna said...

You've been busy. I love the gift sets.

Loll said...

Fantastic gifts Carol!! Sorry to hear you haven't been well. Hope that you are doing better now. xx

Kim Heggins said...

Wow...so many wonderful creations! Your cards are fabulous and your sweet gifts are amazing. Hope you are feeling better. Happy New Year!

Darnell said...

Oh, my, what a generous friend you are, Carol! You made amazing gifts here! Your frosted frame is brilliant and that sweet box for the nail polish is so professionally done!! I wish you and John and your family all the best in the new year and I hope you are feeling well now!! Hugs, Darnell

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...