Thursday 25 August 2016

Papertrey Ink and Memory Box Thinking of you card



Hello everyone,

I've had a hard time creating a card since the refurb of my craft room because I haven't wanted to mess it it up lol! However, I bit the bullet for the PTI bloghop 

Blog-hop-logo

This time we were given this inspiration picture 

August Blog Hop

and I took inspiration from the muted orange colours and navy blue to come up with this card



I like to have at least one card in my stash that I can send out for a number of situations and this one will cover lots of occasions because I can personalise it by the sentiment I put on the inside.

I started by blending several orange inks on a panel of card and then stamped the silhouette flowers from the Life stamp set and added the sentiment from Iconic Images.


I die cut the panel, matted it with some navy card and then added it to an A2 card on foam tape over another die cut made with a Memory Box Ribbon die. I added some WOS glitter to the flowers but this isn't showing in the photo for some reason.

I'm dying to see how everyone else interpreted this picture!


Thanks for stopping by and enjoy the hop.


I'd like to play with





Hugs
Carol x

27 comments:

Vicki Finger said...

This is very pretty!

Nancy Penir said...

Striking card, Carol! Love the white space with the 'waves'.

DIANA L. said...

Beautiful, I love the elegant simplicity, Your background is fantastic Have a blessed day
DIANA L.

DL.ART DESIGN TEAM MEMBER
DL.ART crinkle ribbon
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com
http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

Jacquie Southas said...

Love the inky panel, Carol! The ribbon die cut adds a wonderful, fluid line to the whole design!

Julia Aston said...

wonderful sponged color on this and I love the rippled lines behind your panel!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so peaceful and gorgeous! Wonderful card!

Unknown said...

This is a beautiful card. I love the subtle background with the navy. The design really pops!

Annheidel said...

Cool design!

Diana K said...

This is so petty! Your colours are just beautiful together.

Linda said...

Beautiful take on the challenge. Lovely background.

Joyously Noelle said...

Great colors and neat design!

Marilyn said...

Beautiful, soft, blended background, Carol. Your card is lovely. Thank you for playing and finding inspiration from my card. Hugs, Marilyn

dbjhudson said...

Orange and blue - great idea for colors.

Niki said...

Love the colors :)

jen said...

This is wonderful! I love your blending am do fun to see an older set used- life was the first PTI set I bought! Still a beautiful set & you've put it to great use!

Ros Crawford said...

Hi Carol... Fabulous card for our challenge!! Love your design too! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

Dawn Z said...

I love your design! I've been hesitant to try Ink blending for fear it would just be a mess. Your piece is urging me to try it!

maria f. said...

So beautiful, especially in these colors.

Connie MacFarlane said...

This is so pretty Carol! Love the soft peach and the touch of blue against the white space. Great take on the inspiration.

Sarah said...

A really dramatic card Carol, a gorgeous colour scheme too...a real beauty and is going to be handy for many occasions xx

Ardyth said...

Love the softness of this! So glad you joined us a Muse this week!

Pat said...

This is a super design Carol and I love the peachy tones with the dark blue, and a great sentiment too. x

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Carol, a fabulous inked background.
Pauline
x

Stella said...

Such a lovely card for our challenge. Thanks so much for joining us this week at CCCB!

Nora Noll said...

Just going through blogs I have missed. This card is BREATHTAKING!! I love the shading, the wavy blue border and the silhouette plants. Wonderful design!!

Doni High said...

So Pretty. I love that the silhouette is on a focal panel...beautiful layout!
Thanks for joining us at ATCAS.

Jaydee said...

Such a pretty card. The peach with the black is fabulous and beautifully sponged, too. So glad you joined us at Addicted to CAS this week
Jaydee

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...