Sunday 16 March 2014

Good Luck card

Hello everyone,

I hope you are enjoying your weekend and finding some time to craft a card or two. I just had time to make a card before my daughter comes round for dinner and I'd like to share it with you. I wanted to play along with the current Addicted to CAS challenge because the code word this time is Luck and I needed to make a good luck card.


You may remember that I made a green card recently for a good friends' birthday, and this friend has a lovely husband who is about to run in a marathon for charity. He has had some health problems of late, but has trained hard, and feels able to step up for the challenge. I do admire sporty people but I have to confess to not being one and I don't suppose I ever will be. I used to play a little tennis and badminton in my younger days but now I prefer to watch tennis and cheer on those who are willing to put in the hard work!



I used one of the Border1 dies from Paper Smooches to go across the card on top of a panel cut with a Stitched Rectangle die from Lil'Inker Designs. The running man is a stamp from Personal Impressions, and after stamping him, I cut him out. I raised most of him on pop dots so he would have a shadow around him but I stuck his foot down onto the panel, and I think it helps to create the illusion of him actually running off the page. I also cut a little panel and stamped his running number on to stick to his chest.


A sentiment, a mat and a bit of grounding finished it off.

As I've used a Paper Smooches die, and Shadows oval stamp, I'd like to play along for the first time with the
                                                   

Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge which is anything goes.

I'd also like to enter this into the Addicted to Stamps

                                              Addicted to Stamps and More!

challenge which is anything goes this week.


10 comments:

sandie said...

I love this! Such a unique and stunning interpretation of the code word. Thanks for joining us at ATCAS

Joyce said...

What a fabulous card. So perfect for the occasion. I'll bet it brings your friend luck as well.

Sue said...

What a great card Carol its perfect huggles Sue xx

Tracey McNeely said...

What a brilliant idea Carol, fun card!!

KathyinMN said...

As a runner, thank you for doing this. As a crafter-stinkin' awesome! Luck to both of you!

Darnell said...

Carol, this is one of my new favorites of yours! There is a TON of movement on this incredible card and I love that you have a personal story behind it! This is impeccable and a winner to me!! I'm so glad you were able to link up with ATSM!! Hugs, Darnell

Anonymous said...

What an amazing card absolutely fabulous and such a nice thought for your friends husband. Thanks so much for sharing it with us at ATCAS.

Marie

Nicky said...

Wow this is stunning, love it really effective

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

What a perfect card for someone running a marathon! I wish him luck on the day.
Thank you so much for joining us at ATCAS - I do hope we will see you next time too. Sylvia x

stressfreestamping said...

This is such a great combination of images! The black, white and red together look so clean. Thanks for playing along at ATSM. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...