Wednesday 9 May 2018

Papertrey Ink and Silhouette Cameo Art Deco wedding card



Helle there and welcome to another challenge at Addicted to Stamps and More. This time we have an Anything Goes theme so why not show us what you have been working on lately.



Our next door neighbour's son got married recently and the theme was very glamorous black and gold art deco, so I dug deep into my stash to design a card that fitted the theme.



1) I took an 8-inch square card blank and matted it with some gold textured card and a black stitched square die cut.

2) I cut a deco fan shape on my Silhouette Cameo in the gold card and black shapes to mat onto it.

3) I found several old Papertrey Ink stamp sets that came in useful for this project. I stamped the rays from the Hello Sunshine set; the flourishes from the Fancy Flourishes set; the heart from Heart Prints and the sentiment from Quilled Elegance. These were all heat embossed with gold embossing powder and then adhered to the gold fan mat, which I raised on black fun foam and attached to the card.



4) I finished off by cutting the Paper Smooches Congratulations die three times in the gold card and stacking them to make them pop.

I thoroughly enjoyed going outside my comfort zone for this card. I would never have dreamed of sending a black wedding card, but when I got to the wedding and saw all the decorations and glamorous clothes, it really fitted.

You will find lots of inspiration over on the blog, and I can't wait to see what you link up this time.

I'd like to play along with

Time to Craft Challenge #370 - stamp or colour on anything but white.

Through the Craft Room Door - anything goes

Try it on Tuesday - stencils or die cuts


Thanks for stopping by.

Hugs
Carol x

17 comments:

Carole said...

I love Art Deco Carol and this is stunning! xx

Julie B said...

Gold and black are a very classy combination Carol, bet itb was a very elegant wedding, just like this card.
Yup to the coffee, 11am suit. usual place? :)

froebelsternchen said...

A superb card ! WOW! Thank you very much for joining us at Try It On Tuesday!

cotnob said...

This is gorgeous Carol, such an elegant design - a beautiful card.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

desperatehousewifecraft said...

Your card certainly mirrored the theme of your neighbour's son's wedding! So vintage and elegant! Well Done. Hugs, Gwendolyn

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

It's really looks absolutely stunning and stylish! Gorgeous details.

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful artistic wedding card. I love the color and embossing.

Ina G said...

You sure created a masterpiece here Carol. Stunning in black and gold and all class.

Monika Reeck said...

I love all the gold on your card
this is a fabulous wedding card
Gold and black can be so adorable together I just know it from you now
Love your card miss lady
hugs
Monika

Ros Crawford said...

WOW!!! OMG! Carol you totally nailed the art deco theme with your creation... It's amazing! They will love this! Brilliant!

pearshapedcrafting said...

Wow! What a fabulous and elegant card!So pleased you joined us at Try It On Tuesday! Chrisx

Darnell said...

Wow, Carol, you have given the newlyweds a card they will cherish forever! You did an incredible job of fitting your card to the theme! In fact, I'll bet they wished they had had you design their wedding invitations!! Hope all is well! Happy Mother's Day! Hugs, Darnell

Kara Lynne said...

This is absolutely brilliant, Carol! I love how you achieved that regal art deco look with your Silhouette and those PTI stamps! Great design!

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at MTTC, good luck!!! Amy DT

Annemi said...

Amazing art deco styled card. Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Regards,
Ann-Marie
TTCRD DT
Annemi {My Blog}
Through The Craft Room Door
ttcrd.blogspot.com

Carol L said...

The black and gold combine to make one elegant black-tie event wedding! Gorgeous creation!

Nora Noll said...

This is STUNNING!! I LOVE the black and gold. Such an elegant card!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...