Wednesday 23 May 2018

Sue Wilson Happy Easter cards




 

Hello everyone and welcome to the holiday challenge over at Addicted to Stamps and More




I don't make many Easter cards but I did make a couple this year, and I'd like to share one that I made with just die cuts! Yes - I know. My wonderful stash of stamps was woefully neglected in the making of this card.




1) Take a 7 x 7-inch base card and mat some yellow card onto it. 

2) Cut a smaller square of white card and emboss it with a Cuttlebug folder. Sorry, there doesn't seem to be a name on it and I have lost the packaging.

3) Take the Sue Wilson Fillables Collection Happy Easter die set and cut the egg frame in white card and adhere it to the embossed background.

4) Die cut the egg in yellow card and raise it on some fun foam before fitting it into the frame.

5) Die cut the greeting in white card and stick it on the egg.



6) Die cut some eggs and arrange them in the corners, then finish off by die cutting the bow from the set and stick it above the large egg.

You will see a variety of holidays covered by my talented teamies over on the ATSM blog, and we'd love it if you shared a holiday card with us this time.

I'd like to play along with

The Cat's Pajamas Challenge #346 - use your dies

Happy Little Stampers May Die challenge - anything goes with dies

Always Fun Challenge #59 - anything goes

Thanks for stopping by.

Hugs
Carol x

16 comments:

cm said...

Gorgeous Easter card; I'm crushing all over that wonderful texture! Stunning! I'm sad to say that this is my final post as a member of the Addicted to Stamps and More Design Team. To say my time here has been incredibly rewarding and supremely wonderful is an understatement! It was an honour to be part of the ATSM family, playing alongside some of the best teammates ever! Thank you for being so supportive! I have every intention to play along in the challenges...so I'll end with my 'signature' closing: See you in the gallery!
Hugs~c

cotnob said...

A beautiful Easter card Carol, such an elegant design.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Ros Crawford said...

And what a beautiful elegant card it is too! Hope you are enjoying this weather... Sending hugs

desperatehousewifecraft said...

I must echo the others in saying that its a beautiful elegant Easter card you've created. Sticking the sentiment to the egg and getting it dead centre must not have been easy, at least I can never do it well, so bravo fro that too! Hugs, Gwendolyn

Sarah said...

This is wonderful Carol. The yellow and white is really springy and those dies are magnificent xx

Verna Angerhofer said...

So very gorgeous with all those wonderful Easter egg dies you used on it. I love the color combo too!

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

OMG, Carol, this card looks gorgeous, so elegant!Adore those amazing die-cuts, and the texture on the background.

Carole said...

Lovely Easter card Carol.....great design. I am ashamed to say that I was tempted by these dies too...and then they never saw the light of day!!...maybe next year, thanks for your inspiration xx

Julie B said...

Super Easter card Carol, love the way the Happy Easter fits into the egg.
Sue's die sets can often come over too fussy for my tastes but this strikes just the right balance. :)

Monika Reeck said...

even only white and yellow
I love your card its stunning design miss Lady
love your arrangement
Big hugs from teamie
Monika

Kara Lynne said...

Such a beautiful Easter card, Carol! I love those intricate die details and they are perfect with that ef bg! Yellow and white are a fantastic spring combination! Sometimes the dies just want to play by themselves, don't they?

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

This is so pretty.
I love the yellow egg with the sentiment on it.
It reminds me of one of those decorated fondant biscuits.
xxx

Bobby said...

The wonderful background texture. The beautiful lace frame. The spectacular die cut sentiment. They all go together to make one amazing card, Carol.

Nancy Thomas said...

I totally understand the woefully neglected craft supplies. This card is stunning. I love the yellow and white and all the texture. Thank you for joining The Cat's Pajamas TCP Tuesday challenge.

Deepti Aggarwal said...

This is so beautiful Carol!! Thank you so much for joining us at Happy Little Stampers - Anything goes with dies challenge. Hugsxx Deepti

Nora Noll said...

Oh what happy colors!! I love the beautiful eggs and the texture on this card rocks. Stunning design!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...