Thursday 6 September 2018

Crafter's Companion Create a Card Snowdrift Christmas card


Hello there and welcome to the September Challenge over at ABC Christmas Challenges


Our themes this time are 

S for Snow
and
T for Teal

and our sponsors are 





For the September Challenge, one lucky entrant will win 



 and 




the winner will receive

There will also be a little prize from Chrissy, our host this month.


I went with S for Snow and came up with this card




1) Take a 6 by 6 card blank and die cut the Crafter's Companion Create a Card Snowdrift die from the front.

2) Cut a 6 by 6 piece of card from the Sara Signature Winter Wonderland card pad and ink over it with blue ink, before sticking it behind the snowflakes.


3) Stamp and die cut the Papertrey Ink Fillable Frames #10 and then add the sentiment from the PTI Splits: 'Tis the Season. I had to do some stamp surgery on the sentiment but it is recovering well.

4) Cut a strip of blue mirri card and a smaller strip of pale blue card, mat them and adhere to the card before placing the sentiment frame in the middle.



5) Finish off by adding some gems to the centres of the snowflakes and a couple of stars on the side strip.

The ABC Challenges blog has lots of inspiration for you and I hope you will visit my lovely DT mates and leave some love.

Blogger was not playing nice for me today and I apologise for some of the strange colours and sizes of font in my post today. Despite wrestling for some time, I couldn't get it to behave!

I'd like to play along with


The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge #35 - anything Christmas goes

My Time to Craft Challenge #378 - Christmas in August

Thanks for stopping by

Hugs
Carol x

10 comments:

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous,love the Die.xxx

Sam Squires - A Crafting Niche said...

Wow, this card certainly has an impact. Love the die. Thank you for taking part in the "My Time To Craft" challenge #378. Sam x

Chris said...

An elegant and lovely card, beautiful die cuts and fabulous frosty colours. Thank you for entering our August Challenge at CASS.
Chris
x

Lorraine A said...

Beautiful card Carol :-) the snowfall paper is a perfect background for the stunning snowflake die cut design, so pretty! I love the whole design of this :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful card and that die is so gorgeous on it! A perfect winter design.

Ros Crawford said...

Oh it's so pretty!! Beautifully done!

cotnob said...

A fabulous Christmas card Carol, a gorgeous die - such an elegant design.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Helen said...

Beautiful design - very elegant.

Thanks for joining us at My Time to Craft.

Helen x

Brenda said...

Wow, this is a stunning card Carol! I love that background and the die, well it is amazing! It looks like the wind is blowing those snowflakes all over the place. lol I love it! Hugs, Brenda

Nora Noll said...

This card is BREATHTAKING!! I love the soft blue that you used and the die cut is just fabulous!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...