Saturday 8 September 2018

Papertrey Ink Sweet Baby and MFT baby thank you card




Hello and welcome to another challenge at Simply Create Too

Simply Create Too Challenge Blog

This time the challenge is to use real or faux stitching and I came up with this CAS design which I used as thank you cards for gifts given to my baby Granddaughter.




1) Die cut a stitched rectangle from white card and die cut an aperture from it using the My Favorite Things Pekaboo Rectangle die. Stamp the sentiment below the aperture using Tropical Teal ink

2) Take a piece of white paper and stamp the Papertrey Ink Basic Background: Twinkle stamp on it using PTI Hawaiin Shores ink. 

3) Stamp and die cut the elephant from Papertrey Ink Sweet Baby stamp set using the teal ink.



4) Glue the stamped paper onto the base card and raise the stitched rectangle over it using fun foam.

5) Adhere the elephant in the aperture and finish off by adding a little red heard and some black Nuvo Drops for his eye.

Here is another card I made using the same design but with the giraffe from the same set.



You'll find lots of inspiration from the team over on the challenge blog and I can't wait to see what you come up with this time.

I'd like to play along with

MFT Wednesday Sketch Challenge # 401


Papercraft Challenge #19 - animals

Crafty Cardmakers Challenge #217 - all creatures great and small

Thanks for stopping by

Hugs
Carol x





14 comments:

Nora Noll said...

Oh Carol!! these are SO SWEET!! Love everything about this simple design!!

Doreen said...

Two gorgeous cards,love them both.xxx

Carole said...

These are super Carol. I love the clean CAS design of them xx

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful CAS cards love the cute die-cut animals
Carol x

cotnob said...

Two beautiful cards Carol, I love your stitched rectangle die and cute animals.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Ros Crawford said...

That frame is wonderful and perfect for those adorable animals! Beautiful cards!

Verna Angerhofer said...

These are so very darling and well designed. I love both.

Carole Pillon said...

Both cards are so cutes.

Brenda said...

Awww, what adorable baby thank you cards Carol! I love that elephant and the giraffe, as they are so dang cute! Love the heart you have added too and of course the little black eye. I NEED me a stitched window like you have used, I love that look so much so will have to look for one. Hugs, Brenda

Darnell said...

This is another keeper design from you, Carol! Both baby cards are adorable!! Hugs, Darnell

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Great card and I'm loving the image, so sweet. Thanks for sharing it with us at Crafty Cardmakers and good luck with the challenge, Angela xXx

Maike from Maikreations said...

This is a lovely set of CAS-cards! Thank you for sharing your project with us at the crafty cardmakers! Happy crafting, Maike ;o)

Greta said...

Oh my goodness--what adorable cards!

Josephine said...

These are so cute - love the stitched rectangles!

Beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...