Wednesday 1 May 2019

Papertrey Ink Bells and Boughs Christmas Card




Hello everyone and welcome to another challenge over at ABC Christmas Challenges.
 

We had some fabulous entries last month and if you would like to see if you are a winner of one of the fabulous prizes from Lynda, head over to blog and scroll down.


This time our themes are 

J for Jingle
and
K for Kids


Our host this time is the wonderful Dorte and she has a lovely prize for the winner.

I went with J for jingle and came up with this card



I used the Papertrey Ink Bells and Boughs stamp and die set, and a leaf die from My Favorite Things. I coloured the bells using Copic markers to give the bells a dimensional feel and then shaped them to add to this effect. I filled each bell with silicone gel so it would set and keep the bells in shape through the post.


The sentiment is from Paper Smooches and I stacked it a couple of times. To finish off, I framed the card with a scalloped frame from a My Favorite Things set.

I do hope you will join in with us this time, and head over to the blog to see some great inspiration from my talented teammates.

Thanks for stopping by.

Hugs
Carol x

15 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

Oh it's beautiful!!! Those bells looks amazing!

Lynda said...

Love this card and colours Carol - the bells certainly look dimensional - I'm a fan of silicone gel too..... :)

Verna Angerhofer said...

What a wonderful card design. Those bells are so gorgeous!

Brenda said...

Wow, I love your card Carol! It is just beautiful!!! You have colored those bells so wonderfully and realistic. I love the way you have given them a "curve" and made them seem 3D too! This card is fabulous!!! So CAS, so beautiful! I am so loving the Christmas cards you have come up with, you are on a roll and adding such amazing Christmas cards to your stash! Hugs, Brenda

Sarah said...

Such a striking Christmas card Carol. What lovely dimension xx

Dorte said...

Beautiful card, Carol. Love the way you have elevated the bells.
Dorte xx

Lindsey said...

This is a beautiful card! I love how you did the bells with their bits of evergreen and the big bow.

Donna Ellis said...

Wow, Carol! You've wrapped up the festivities with Beauty, Elegance, Fun, and Endearments! This is a beautiful card! Loving the way you have curved the bells, too! hugs, de

Maria said...

Such a lovely Christmas card! Those bells are so pretty! Love the wonderful scalloped frame, too!

Nora Noll said...

This is so pretty!! I love the use of the bells and that fun die cut word. The addition of the boughs grounds the bells too. Lovely card.

Darnell said...

Stunning, Carol! WOWZA! I love all that traditional color of red and green with lots of white and your coloring of those bells is just divine! They look like they are made of satin!! Hugs, Darnell

Julie said...

Such a lovely Christmas card
Julie T

Helen said...

Fabulous card Carol!
Helen x

Zw@@n said...

Stunning card, Carol. I love the red and green on the crisp white background. xx

cotnob said...

A gorgeous Christmas card Carol, the red really pops against the white - a super design.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...