Wednesday 24 April 2019

Nellie Snellen Poinsettia Corner and SSS Merry Christmas card




Hello everyone,

Well, that last fortnight whizzed by and the time has come for another challenge over at Addicted to Stamps and More. I hope you had a wonderful Easter break and the spring weather and colours are bringing you some joy. It seems strange to be thinking of Christmas at this time of year, but my resolution to keep on top of making my Christmas cards throughout the year is coming along nicely, (unlike the one for losing weight lol!), and taking part in this challenge is one of the reasons for that.


I'm slowly getting better with layered stamp sets and I used my NBUS Nellie Snellen Poinsettia Corner stamps to make this card using traditional Christmas colours.



I used my misti to stamp up the layers on a stitched rectangle of card and used a glaze pen on the berries to add some shine.


The die cut sentiment is from Simon Says Stamp and I cut 3 layers and stacked them. All that was left, was to use some mats and add them to the base card.

I hope you will stop by the ATSM blog to see my talented teamies inspiration, and join in with us this time.

I'd like to play along at

The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge #48 - anything Christmas goes

Christmas at Sweet Stampin' April - anything Christmas goes

12 Months of Christmas #52 - anything Christmas goes

Thanks for stopping by.

Hugs
Carol x



15 comments:

Brenda said...

Wow,wow,wow! I'd say you have gotten very good at layering stamps! I love this beautifully stunning Christmas card Carol!! It looks amazing and you have layered very well indeed! Just stunning! Hugs, Brenda

Verna Angerhofer said...

This is so amazing! So very elegant and beautiful! I love it.

Sarah said...

This is gorgeous Carol. I would say you have nailed those layered stamps brilliantly!! xx

Mac Mable said...

What a fabulous traditional Christmas card full of colour and what a stunning design x. Well done you on nailing the stamp layering stamps and keeping up with your resolution....Well at least one of them....LOL x x

Chris said...

Beautiful stamping, lovely design! Thanks for joining us at CaSS this month
Chris
x

Kim Heggins said...

Simply beautiful Christmas card...love your gorgeous floral designs.

Nora Noll said...

This is GORGEOUS!! I love the way you stamped the flowers and that gold sentiment ROCKS!

Greta said...

Oh what a totally gorgeous card--love it!

Tristan said...

Carol, you've created a beautiful traditional Christmas card. Love your layered sentiment and the pop of gold in the matting. Thanks for joining us this month at CaSS. Tristan DT

Ros Crawford said...

Oh it's beautiful!! Love the frames and you have well mastered the layering... Unlike me... I've given up!

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

This is absolute elegance, Carol! Love the poinsettias and golden lining.

Izzy Scrap said...

Gorgeous, Carol ! There is nothing more reminiscent of Christmas than the red / green / gold combo and a poinsettia flower. Love the beautiful dimension with the different mats and the bold sentiment. Have a fabulous weekend ! x

Monika Reeck said...

I love to see your thick sentiment
so caught my eyes
adorable ponsettias and love the gold in this card
Wonderfull!!!
hugs
Monika

Gwendolyn said...

Beautiful cheery Christmas card carol and I LOVE that gold sentiment. Hugs, Gwendolyn

Helen said...

A great card - thanks for sharing it with us at The 12 Months of Christmas Challenge Blog.

Helen x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...