Tuesday 4 June 2019

My Favorite Things Happy Pawlidays non-traditional Christmas card





Hello there and welcome to another challenge at Happy Little Stampers Christmas Challenge.  This time our fun twist is to make a non-traditional card but you can do anything you like as long as its Christmas if the twist doesn't take your fancy.


I went with the twist and came up with this card that will wing its way to a dog loving friend come Christmas. 


I stamped and die cut the cute little dog from My Favorite Things Happy Pawlidays and coloured it with Copic markers, then stamped and white embossed the sentiment from the same set.

I used the Avery Elle Confetti Mat Elle-ments die to create the panel and backed it with some PTI blue card.


I layered everything up before adding some die cut hearts that I covered with WOS then added several layers of glaze pen to give some shine. I finished off by adding glitter to the hat and going over the dog's eyes and nose with a black glaze pen.

As always, my talented teammates have some great inspiration to share with you over on the HLS Blog and I know they would appreciate it if you stop by to visit.

I'd like to play along at

2 Crafty Critter Crazies Challenge #27 - anything goes with a critter

Crafty Animals Challenge #27 - anything goes

Winter Wonderland Challenge - anything but a square card

Thanks for dropping by.

Hugs
Caol x

13 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Gorgeous colours and a beautiful card, Jo x

Kim Heggins said...

Ahhhhh, this is as cute as it gets! Love your sweet holiday puppy!

Maria said...

Such a sweet card with the pup holding the stocking! And, love the row of hearts!

Darnell said...

Oh, Carol, this couldn't be any cuter! The colors and coloring are pure perfection! I love aqua and a critter on a Christmas card! Hugs, Darnell

Pat K said...

Adorable card, sweet image and lovely sentiment. Just love it. Thanks for joining us at Winter Wonderland. Pat K xx

Verna Angerhofer said...

That card is so sweet with that cute little dog on it. I love the sentiment too.

Brenda said...

OMGosh Carol, this is an adorable Christmas card! It is certainly non traditional but just as cute as it can be. I love that background die cut, so fun! Love your dog and how you colored him and love the colors you chose for this one. Hugs, Brenda

Paper Therapy Ponderings said...

such a sweet card, love the color combination and who does not love a puppy with a stocking in his mouth
Barb Housner

BożenA said...

A great non-traditional Xmas card. I love the sweet dog and the openwork frame
Hugs,
BożenA

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

This is so adorable, Carol. So many great details in your coloring, and I love those enameled hearts. A wonderful, non-traditional Christmas card!

Lisa J said...

Love everything about this. So many elements yet still gorgeously CAS. Thanks for playing along with us at Crafty Animals. Lisa DT

Bobby said...

What a cute card, Carol. I love the corner die.

Helen said...

Such a cute digi and that die works so well with it.

Thanks for joining us at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies.

Helen x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...