Wednesday 1 April 2020

Clearly Besotted In Print Fingerprint deer Christmas card



Hello friends and I trust you are all managing life as best you can under our new normal. My greatest hope is that you are all safe and well, and I imagine you sitting in craft rooms all over the world making cards full of kindness to send out with your good wishes. Let's hope that kindness stretches to your other halves, if you have one, now that you're cooped up together 24/7. A friend sent this to me and I wonder if it rings a bell for you -  I can't admit that it rings any bells for me, of course, lol!

Visitor "Where's your husband?"

Wife "He's in the garden."

Visitor "Oh I didn't see him."

Wife "You need to dig a little"

Another reason to smile is that we are at the start of another new challenge over at

and this time our themes are 

H for Hand drawn 

and 

I for Inside

Our host this time is the lovely Lynda of Loopyloo cards and she has a couple of fabulous prizes for 2 winners.


and 



I went with I for Inside (a frame) and came up with this card




I inked up some white card with 3 shades of blue ink and white embossed the sentiment in the top part of the frame.


I then stamped the fingerprint deer from the Clearly Besotted In Print stamp set. I gave a nod to our hand-drawn theme by drawing my own antlers but we won't dwell on that lol! I coloured the noses with red Copic and added glossy accents over the top. A few tiny stars finished it off. 

You will find lots of inspiration from the team over on the ABC blog
and I look forward to seeing you in the gallery.

Thanks for stopping by.

Hugs
Carol x

12 comments:

Carole said...

Love this card Carol...super inky and those antlers...exquisite!..lol I have these stamps and they are so clever. Hope you are surviving..I couldn't do without mu hubby so wont be digging in the garden anytime soon..lol! Take care xx

cotnob said...

A super card Carol, I love the fingerprint deer stamp.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Helen said...

This is fab Carol - love how you combined both themes! Your reindeer are so cute!
Hope you're safe & well?!
Helen x

Lynda said...

So cute Carol, so cute. Hubby thought the joke was amusing too....... xx

Maria said...

Oh, my! Your Christmas card with Rudolph is so so cute!!

Verna Angerhofer said...

That is so cute Carol. What a fun card and the deer are fantastic!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I look before I read Carol and thought this was your thumbprint, such a fun card and LOVE your antlers. Hilarious joke, thanks for the loud guffaw!
Keep well and safe.
Faith x

Ros Crawford said...

I LOVE it!! What a fabulous card and the colours of your blending are terrific!! Cool antlers too BTW! DH got his letter from the NHS yesterday explaining he was high risk etc etc... Told not to go out so what did he promptly do? Yep, he's hard work! stay safe...

craftydonna57 said...

so cute love it thank you for sharing with everyone and stay safe

Lindsey said...

This is awesome, Carol! I think your little antlers are perfect for the thumbprint reindeer. Great shading behind the frame, too.

Mac Mable said...

I so enjoyed reading your fun post Carol and I suspect not all are finding it easy to share the same space.....x
Your card is fabulous with a great design and so unique.....Extra loving the freehand antlers x Stay safe and well Carol x.

Julie B said...

Love these fingerprint rudolph's Carol, they are such fun!
I agree we are in strange times and I too have found myself wandering around the craftroom looking for inspiration.
I had managed 2 crafting sessions with Julie from the Altenew class when we had to go into isolation and she went back to work as a doctor. Keep safe. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...