Friday 1 May 2020

Altenew Poppy Garden and Papertrey Ink birthday card


Hello friends and I hope you continue to stay well and as happy as you can be in these unusual times. We are in our 5th week of lockdown and it looks as if the number of new cases is reducing at last, and thank God, the number of deaths is starting to diminish as well. I hope things are getting better wherever you are too!

  We have another challenge starting over at Simply Create Too


Simply Create Too Challenge Blog

This time we are asking you to use flowers on your creation and we can't wait to see what you come up with.

I came up with this card which I started at an Altenew workshop towards the end of last year. 




It uses the Altenew Poppy Garden stamp set and I coloured it with their alcohol markers.


The sentiment frame uses an old Papertrey Ink Boutique Borders: Birthday Stamp set and die. I cut another shape in black card, cut it in half and arranged it behind the white frame to give a little shadow that helps it stand out on the card.  I finished off with a scattering of little raindrops.

It would be great if you could join us this time and you will find lots of inspiration over on the Simply Create Too blog.

Stay safe and thanks for stopping by.

Hugs
Carol x


11 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

This is so beautiful! I love the colouring and it makes me happy just looking at this... Stay well Carol!

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Carol, gorgeous stamps and lovely colours.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Sarah said...

A brilliant card Carol and those golden poppies are gorgeous. Fingers crossed the worst is now over, hopefully we won't get a spike when lockdown is eased. Hope you are well xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What a Beautiful card, love the poppies and your colouring is fabulous. Yes good to hear numbers are decreasing, such hard times.
Keep safe and well.
Faith x

Maria said...

Such a lovely birthday card with the pretty flowers! Fabulous coloring and wonderful sentiment!

Verna Angerhofer said...

What a gorgeous card you have made. I love the wonderful colors. Someone will be so happy to get this for their birthday.

Mac Mable said...

What a stunner of a card with fabulous colouring and beautiful flowers. The framed sentiment looks so pretty too x.

Darnell said...

Well done finishing this card so beautifully, Carol! I love the design and your choice of colors! I also love the matting and the way you framed and matted the sediment! I hope you both and your whole family are doing well! We are hanging in there! Take care and keep safe!! Hugs, Darnell

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card Carol. Your coloring is fabulous on those pretty flowers. Great touch with the frame cut in half to add dimension to the sentiment. Take care and stay well. Hugs, JoAnn

Nora Noll said...

I LOVE how you colored in these poppies!! Totally gorgeous. I like the die and stamp you used for the sentiment. It looks fantastic with the flowers.

Kim Heggins said...

Oh my goodness....just love your gorgeous poppies. Your coloring is perfection!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...