Friday 21 August 2020

Hobby Art Shore Scenes card


Hello friends! I hope you've had a good week and are ready for the weekend. I really don't know why I still look forward to weekends when I'm fortunate enough to be retired but it pleases me to have some days in the week that are different, and I don't feel guilty if I abandon the jobs I started in the week.

I'm still chasing my mojo around and it is a very elusive creature these days, but I did sit down to play for the first time at the CAS Mix it up Challenge.  I love CAS designs and this challenge asks you to include other media in the design. This time the theme is to use watercolour and a beach theme.


I came up with this card using Hobby Art Shore Scenes stamp set. 


This is a scene builder stamp set that I bought after seeing Jenny Mayes use it at the Port Sunlight Craft Show and it has been sitting in my NBUS pile ever since. It turns out that scene building isn't as easy as Jenny made it look lol! 

 
Anyway, I had a go and used watered down Distress Inks as my watercolour medium, and added a bit of Hero Arts sand embossing powder on the beach. I raised a white panel over the scene using an MFT die that I thought reminded me of a porthole if you closed an eye and squinted, and I embossed the card with a PTI impression plate to add a bit of texture.

I'd like to play along at





Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a great weekend.

Hugs
Carol x

18 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Hi Carol, I'm with you on the mojo front, but you have produced a glorious scene looking through a porthole, I could be in a beach hut looking towards the sea. I love it.
Faith x

Loll said...

You aced making a fantastic beach scene Carol. I love all the details that really tell a story with this card. I agree about the scalloped circle frame ... it does remind me of a porthole - just perfect! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up! xx

Ros Crawford said...

Oh it's wonderful Carol and I get the porthole view perfectly... I've been lacking in inspiration too these days or maybe it's just an "I can't be bothered" phase.. Have a lovely weekend, hopefully it may brighten up.

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful design.

Kim Heggins said...

Wow...this is so beautiful!!! Love your gorgeous scene!

Brenda said...

Wow, doesn't look like there is anything wrong with your mojo to me Carol! This card is beautiful!!! I'm not good at scene builders at all, but you make me want to give it a try. lol I love the calm scene you have made, I can imagine sitting on the beach and seeing this scene for sure. Your colors are so soft and dreamy-like in a dreamland scene. Love it! The die you used works perfect for a port window looking out onto the scene. Well done! Hugs, Brenda

Sarah said...

That looks effortless Carol!! What a beautiful card, love the scene and your watercolouring is fab xx

Debbie Mageed said...

Wonderful beachy CAS card! I think you did a great job with building your scene, which can be a challenge. I love it! Thank you for playing with us at the Make My Monday Challenge and hope you can join us again soon.

Lisa Elton said...

What a pretty scene you've created! Your watercoloring is wonderful. Thanks so much for joining us at IB!

nancy littrell said...

Beautiful porthole beach scene, Carol! I love all your little images and can imagine the sailboat sailing into a quiet safe isolated harbor for a relaxing get away:-) TFS and so pleased you joined us at CAS Mix Up Watercolour Beach Challenge. Hope you play in our challanges again. Hugs...Nancy

Darnell said...

It's great to sea you, my friend! You certainly haven't lost any of your incredible talent for design and coloring while your mojo has been playing hide-and-seek! This is a winner in my book! It's CASlicious, it has a brilliant beach scene, and there is even texture! Thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! I hope you and your family are keeping well! Hugs, Darnell

Bonnie said...

This is a beautiful beach scene, Carol! Beautifully colored and the circle frame does make me think of a porthole without tilting my head! Love the texture too! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Mix Up!

Greta said...

Wow--your first play with that set?! What a fabulous card & I love how you used the MFT die, Carol!

Mac Mable said...

The 'porthole' sure does draw your eyes into that clam and beautiful beach scene Carol x.

Danni Reid said...

Oh my, this is so beautifully colored and designed, perfect card! Thank you for inspiring us this week @ IB, we can't wait to see more!

Donna Ellis said...

What a delicate, serene, beautiful scene in the midst of a delightfully elegant CAS card, Carol! Your water scene is done beautifully in peaceful colors, and that sketch for the CAS effect is marvelous! I love it! xx

cotnob said...

A fabulous card Carol, such a lovely, serene scene.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Pat said...

This is beautiful Carol and your mojo is fully intact as far as I can see..lol. The colours are perfect and lots of light with the pretty colours for the sky and sand and the lovely boat as more of a silhouette really stands out, also the scalloped frame draws you in to the scene, and the dry embossing gives super added texture too. x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...