Wednesday 5 August 2020

Lawn Fawn Scalloped Box card Christmas pop up, Mama Elephant Bear Hugs Christmas card and Papertrey Ink Background Basic Evergreens Christmas card





Hello everyone and welcome to August at ABC Christmas Challenges.



Well you outdid yourselves last month and we had 243 amazing entries, so thank you for playing along and giving us so much inspiration.

This time our themes are 

P for Pine Tree
Q for Quiet
and
 R for Robin


and we have a great prize for the winner




I went to town on this challenge and made a card for each letter - yep - 3 cards made this time!!! 'Nuf said.

First up is P for Pine tree


For this simple card, I just inked up a sky with oxide inks and added some splats of water to create snow. I added some white glitter card at the bottom to create the sparkly snow line and covered the horizon line with Papertrey Ink Background Basics: Evergreens in dark green card and white card. 
 

A few little star gems and a sentiment finished it off.

Next up is Q for Quiet, and I created a quiet snowy hillside scene.


The cute bears are from Mama Elephant Bear Hugs and the Santa is from Inkylicious. I inked the edge of a white card mat with distress ink to give some contrast and finished off with a sentiment from Papertrey Ink.



And finally, I went to town a little on my R for Robin card


I used the Lawn Fawn Scalloped Box card die but cut it so it was taller. The robins are from Clearly Besotted's Red Robin and the other bits are from a mix of MFT, PTI, Paper Smooches and Clearly Besotted sets.


 I have to say I had great fun making this one and I had so many bits left over that I can make a few more of this design.

We have some fabulous inspiration over on the ABC Challenge Blog and you have until 31st August if you decide to join us.

I'd like to play along at






Thanks for stopping by and stay safe.

Hugs
Carol x

27 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

You have been busy and your projects are all wonderful.

Sarah said...

These are really wonderful Carol xx

craftydonna57 said...

love the cards so pretty

Lynda said...

Three very cute cards - love the backgrounds - but that Robin creation is stunning xx

Mac Mable said...

Wonderful CAS Pine card, beautiful Quiet card and so cute and a real 'Wow' 3D Robin box....amazing x.

Ros Crawford said...

Oh I am loving your Christmas cards but that box is a pure delight!! The robins are so beautifully coloured and it's such a wonderful Christmas treat. Hope all is well with you... Stay safe

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW! Carol, these are a stunning set of cards and reflect the words beautifully. Love them.
Faith x

Maria said...

Beautiful Christmas cards! And, love the sweet pop up box, so cute!

Helen said...

These are all fabulous Carol - I especially love those robins!
Helen x

Kim Heggins said...

Oh my goodness....just love your incredible cards!!! Your pops up box is as wonderful as it gets!!! But your bears watching Santa fly over is my favorite! Simply magical!

Lindsey said...

We're over halfway there - it's a perfect time to make cards for all three letters! :D And what a great trio of cards you've made. I really like the way you layered the evergreen die! (I have this die too - I'll have to remember this!) Your second card is a peaceful, quiet scene indeed. And then there's your third card! Wow! I love this robin explosion!

Doreen said...

Beautiful creations Carol.xxx

Nataliascraft said...

Gorgeous set of cards, so beautiful xx

Darnell said...

Look at you, all creative and inspiring, Carol! I give you P for pretty, Q for quintessential, and R for remarkable!! I love each one! I hope you are all keeping well! Hugs, Darnell

crafty-stamper said...

LOve both your cards but the Robin pop-up box is brilliant
Carol x

Julie B said...

Three fab cards Carol, I really like the box card with the robins. Hope you are keeping well too, its a shame all our plans went up in smoke. Stay safe. x

aussie aNNie said...

Brilliant cards but as a lover of pop ups, the robin is gorgeous, nice to hear from yu. xx

Brenda said...

Wow, three cards-how wonderful Carol! They are all so beautiful too! I do love the tree card, so serene and peaceful looking. I love seeing the snow sparkling when it is a full moon out. Your quiet card is so sweet and I can definitely "feel" the quiet as Santa is making his way around the world! Those bears are so cute too! Then there is your robin box card, oh my goodness, it is filled with such awesomeness! So sweet and so cute and I can imagine the fun you had putting this one together! Well done! Hugs, Brenda

Anita in France said...

What a delicious Christmas trio , Carol ... those bold pines really pop against the shimmery snow ... the sweet polar bears watching out for Santa are adorable ... and what a fantastic box card with all those wonderfully coloured robins, the detailing is brilliant! Hugs, Anita :)

Lady Joyful said...

Wonderful creations, Carol! I really like the box card. Please note that you haven't provided a link back to our challenge, and as well as that to be eligible for our prize, or to be our winner or honourable mention, you should include our challenge graphic in your blog post. Thank you for joining us at Christmas Craft Creations - Charlotte/Lady Joyful, DT

Carol said...

You did such a wonderful job on the box card! The colors and design are just lovely. Carol - CCC DT

Dotty Jo said...

You have been busy! Love all of your cards, but that one of the bears watching Santa is adorable. Thanks for joining Gay and me at Christmas Kickstart, Jo x

Craftychris said...

love these glorious cards! Take care and stay safe xxx

G Peplow said...

Beautiful snowy cards, love both :D x

Julie said...

Super cute holiday card.
Thanks for joining us at Christmas with the Cuties
Julie T

TwĂ³rcze pasje Danki said...

Beautiful Christmas box.
Thank you for joining The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge

Danka
TwĂ³rcze pasje Danki {My Blog}>

Greta said...

I'm totally in awe, Carol! Wow--3 fabulous cards! I love the quiet scene with the cute creatures, but all are wonderful!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...