Tuesday 2 February 2021

Bright Rosa and Gemini Balloons unisex birthday card

 



Hello friends. I hope you are all well and staying sane in this grim and scary winter. I am starting to see encouraging signs though!  Snowdrops are open and daffodils and tulips are on their way so along with the promise of the vaccinations, I am hopeful that spring will soon be upon us.

I'm here to tell you about the third ATSM challenge of the year 


and here is my birthday card.



I used Crafter's Companion Gemini Balloon Celebrations stamp and die set for this card along with the Bright Rosa elongated Hexagon die set for the card shape.



The balloons were simply stamped, die-cut and coloured before being added to the inked and layered background. I added one of the sentiments to the balloon and a large Papertrey Ink sentiment at the bottom. I really like this Bright Rosa die set and have used the card shape in a different orientation on a couple of other cards before, here and here. I just cut around the hexagon in those to eliminate the extra card. 

My Teamies have some great cards to show you over on the ATSM blog and it would be great to see your entry in the gallery.

I'd like to play along at




Thanks for stopping by.

Hugs
Carol x


 



14 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

Wonderful card designs. I like the colors.

Carole said...

Lovely and unusual card Carol, think it would make a valentine too in a different colour? Hope you are safe and well. xx

Maria said...

What a sweet star balloon!! Beautiful orange color!! And, great shape of the card with wonderful design!!

Brenda said...

What a fun shaped card Carol! I love the bright color of this one, so fun so festive! Love the big orange balloon, it looks like a real balloon with all the creases. This is a fun card for anyone's birthday! Yes, snowdrops up here too, I guess that is what they are. Daffodils' aren't blooming yet here, but it won't be long before the "greens" will be poking through the snow and then blooming. I am so ready for spring to come, well more than that, I'm ready for warm temps! lol Stay warm and I pray you can get your vaccine soon Carol. Hugs, Brenda

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW! Carol, I love the design and those fabulous balloons. We have daffs flowering can't see my snowdrops though and I had my jab today. All good!
Keep safe
Faith x

Diane said...

Wonderful colors and what a cute design.

I joined your blog.

Hugs diane

Lindsey said...

I love how bright and fun this is in orange! And what a fun hexagon design, too.

Izzy Scrap said...

What a joyful birthday card ! Your bright colours bring happiness in those rainy days. I love the hexagonal shape of your card, so different and original. And those balloons are beautiful, especially the star balloon. Fabulous ! Hugs x

meg said...

A fabulous choice of colours and layout,thank you for joining in at MMM

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

Fantastic birthday card, Carol! Cheerful and sunny. Love it 😍

Witchcrafted Life said...

This is such a fun, instantly eye-catching gem of a b-day greeting.

Autumn Zenith 🧡 Witchcrafted Life

laurie said...

Love your sunny and cheerful Birthday card...so cute!

Wei said...

Just stunning! Thanks for playing along with us at Make My Monday Challenge. Looking forward to seeing your creative projects in the future galleries.

Susan Renshaw said...

Absolutely love the colours in this!
Fabulous make for ATSM!
Susan
Teamie
Calling All Crafters! – My Blog!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...