Wednesday 14 April 2021

Mama Elephant Big Happy Birthday unisex birthday card









Hello friends and welcome back to another challenge over at ATSM where we have our birthday challenge. I don't know about you but I find masculine cards really hard to make and you can usually find me in the shops looking for a funny ready-made card for the men in my life. Lockdown meant that shop browsing wasn't available so I had to buckle down and make a card for my son's birthday. I had 2 goes at a card for him using the same paper, card and sentiment die. 


This one couldn't be simpler when you need a card fast. The paper is from a new to me Tonic Craft Perfect mixed card pack called Siver Service. I really like the mix of the silver and kraft stripes and the shine is gorgeous. Included in the pack is a holographic silver card that I used for cutting the Mama Elephant birthday sentiment which I stacked three times. It looks a bit dull and bland in the photo but it reflects the light with some beautiful colours irl.


For the second card, I die cut a banner shape from the paper and added an embossed mat in the background. A few die cut stars finished it off.

This photo shows how the card reflects the light!


Over on the ATSM blog you will find lots of fantastic inspiration from my talented Teamies.

I'd like to play along at




Thanks for stopping by.

Hugs
Carol x






15 comments:

Izzy Scrap said...

Two beautiful masculine cards, Carol ! And yes, I also find it difficult to make masculine card, hard to find a design, hard to find which colours, hard to find a theme... I really love the first one you've done, simple but so effective. It reminds me that I bought a paper block of this kind of papers... so thank you for the beautiful inspiration ! Have a great day x

Carole said...

Great masculine cards Carol...I really am drawn to the first one with those fabulous papers. Brilliant photography of the Happy Birthday! xx

cotnob said...

Two super cards Carol, the striped papers are perfect for masculine makes.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I don't think you need be afraid to do masculine cards Carol, these are GREAT and masculine with great design and papers.
Faith x

Mac Mable said...

Fabulous cards and both with a great design x. The background paper on the first, along with the stand out sentiment looks fabulous. Gorgeous texture on the second x. Yes I know what you mean about now browsing in stores for masculine cards....great job Carol x.

Nora Noll said...

Oh how FABULOUS!! I am loving your use of that fabulous textured paper. STUNNING cards!!!

Kim Heggins said...

Fabulous birthday cards!!! Love the masculine look.

Verna Angerhofer said...

These cards are so amazingly beautiful. Great designs on both.

dj said...

Thanks for joining the fun and playing along with our "new to your stash" challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz!! Keep coming back for our challenges they will give you lots of inspiration for making masculine cards.

Ros Crawford said...

You're right... Making guy cards is always a tough one but you rocked it girl... Fabulous!

Witchcrafted Life said...

Terrific b-day designs! So upbeat, versatile, and festive.

Autumn Zenith 🧡 Witchcrafted Life

Helen said...

A great set of cards, Carol! It's always good to be able to make a quick card and even better when it can be masculine or feminine! Love this big sentiment die cut as the feature! Thanks for joining us over at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge! Stay safe! :)

laurie said...

Really sharp cards...love the stripes!

maria f. said...

Yep. Those boys are tough to create for. I think your first card aces the masculine card. Kraft. Metallic. Graphic. Enough.

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Hi Carol, thank you for the heads-up on my blog, I had sent an email on 8/4/21 so something must have happened to it. I have re-sent it now so hopefully it will be received this time. Thanks again,
Lorraine

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...