Wednesday 4 August 2021

Clearly Besotted and Spellbinders Christmas cards

 






Hello everyone and welcome to another month at ABC Christmas Challenges.
We have three fabulous challenges for you to choose from or combine this month
and they are:

P for Plump - think pudding, robin, Santa,

Q for Quality Street - colours or chocolates,

and/or

R for Ribbon.

Lindsey is our lovely hostess this month and she has a great prize for the lucky winner.



We had some fabulous entries last month, so don't forget to check the blog to see if you were our winner!

This is my P for Plump!


I created a background using Papertrey Ink Background Basics Twinkle stamp set and then cut a scalloped panel from it using one of the MFT Blueprints. I also cut the frame from the same set in a coordinating red card.  


The cute robins are from a stamp and die set from Clearly Besotted. After colouring them, I added party hats which I glittered to add some sparkle.


And this is my Q for Quality Street


I chose to use the gold, red, green, orange and teal colours.



I used the Spellbinders Joy die set which I cut from a gold mirror card and then from a gold glitter card before piecing in the letters. I cut the flowers, leaves, twigs and berries from the other colours and layered them on. The gold has a lovely shine and sparkle IRL and you can see it better on this shot but it makes the teal look much darker than it is.


I ran out of time to make a ribbon card, but you will find some inspiration for those from my talented Teamies over on the ABC Christmas Challenge blog.

I'd like to play along at





Thanks for stopping by.

Hugs
Carol x

16 comments:

cotnob said...

Two super Christmas cards Carol, fun Robins and I love the bold sentiment on your second card, great colour choices.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Brenda said...

Wow Carol, I am loving both of these cards! Your robins certainly are plump and oh so cute. The robins in my neck of the world are just as plump. lol Love these cuties and love your card design! Your joy card is just beautiful, loving the rich colors in this one. The background is so pretty, the shimmery gold and glitter letters is just beautiful. Love the flowers and greenery. Just beautiful! Hugs, Brenda

Ros Crawford said...

Well who doesn't like a plump robin! So cute and the joy cards are amazing!! Love the little embellishments

Sue said...

Oh my goodness Carol those robins are so cute! Two fabulous cards hugs Sue x

Helen said...

Wonderful cards Carol - love the die you used on your second card!
Helen x

Mac Mable said...

Adorable and super cute 'plump' robin card and what a stunning JOY card, which looks so pretty x.

Maria said...

Love those sweet plump birds, so cute!! Beautiful colors and great design!! And, such a fabulous joy card, so gorgeous!!

R's Rue said...

Your cards always make me happy. Thank you for sharing.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Crafting Queen said...

Wow, to stunning Christams card. Anesha

Lynda said...

Both gorgeous cards - so vibrant and fun. Thanks for sharing at The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge xx Lynda/Loopyloo DT

Carole said...

These are two lovely cards Carol...I love the jolly fa robins...look like they are having a party there, very cheery in the red and white, and your sentiment looks so classy on your second card...quality all round! xx

Sarah said...

What gorgeous cards!! xx

Lindsey said...

I love your pudgy little robins! Such a sweet card. And then, your Joy card is classy and absolutely gorgeous! Both of them are terrific.

Witchcrafted Life said...

Marvellously charming cards. I absolutely adore the vibrant red frame set against festive patterned paper on the first design.

Autumn Zenith 🧡 Witchcrafted Life

Vicky Hayes said...

These are so lovely Carol! I love those plump little robins (I have this set too - couldn't resist the cuteness!!) hopping about in their frame. The Joy card is amazing! I think that celestial blue with gold is just stunning with touches of red. Vicky x

Kim Heggins said...

These are so beautiful!!! Love your gorgeous Joy card, love all that gold.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...