Wednesday 13 October 2021

Penny Black Critter Party, Concord and 9th and Pinkfresh Studio Birthday card




Hello friends,

If you are in the UK, I hope you have enjoyed the lovely weather we've been having for the past week or so. I love the light in autumn before the clocks go back, and the changing leaf colours I see on my walks are just gorgeous. I'd like to introduce the new challenge over at Addicted to Stamps and More, where we would love to see you Make Your Mark.


I chose to make my mark with my Zig Clean Colour Brush markers.


For the background panel, I cut a stitched rectangle of card and then stamped the semi-circular sentiment from Concord and 9th Rainbow Sayings in black ink. Once the ink had dried, I passed the panel through the die-cutting machine with my new Memory Box Pinpoint Burst Plate, before matting it onto some red card. I dug out an old stamp set from Penny Black called Critter Party which I've had for @ 10 years, as I'm trying to give some attention to my older stash. I keep my stamps in clear pockets with a card insert and I made a note of the date on this to show when I used it. I read about this idea online somewhere recently, and I'm hoping that when I next cull my stamp collection I will be able to see how often I actually use a set to help me decide what to keep. Anyway, I stamped, coloured and fussy cut the birthday mice and raised them on the panel with foam tape. The lower sentiment is from Pinkfresh Studio and I stamped the top layer and stacked it on 2 further layers to add some more dimension.

We have the talented Stef as Guest Designer this month, and you can see her design as well as lots of inspiration from the team over on the ATSM blog.

I'd like to play along at





Stay well and thanks for stopping by.

Hugs
Carol x


 

18 comments:

Mac Mable said...

Always good to mix older crafting goods with the new ones Carol and what an adorable card you made with them. Loving both of the sentiments and the perfect image for them. Those mice sure know how to party! x.

cotnob said...

A super card Carol, an adorable image and I love the Pinpoint Burst, it makes a fabulous background.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Elaine Stark said...

A super card. Old stamp PB stamps never go out of fashion. So cute. Thanks for joining Passion for Markers. Elaine

Witchcrafted Life said...

What a gleefully charming holiday season card. So sweet, happy, and off-the-charts cute, to boot.

Autumn Zenith 🎃 Witchcrafted Life

Sarah said...

Those mice are adorable Carol, beutifully coloured and the background is wonderful. Yes, the weather has been amazing, we have been walking in short sleeves still. I think it's going to start raining next week though, had to end some time!! xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW! Carol, this is stunning. I love the die background. a fabulous image and sentiments. Old stamp or not, worth keeping it and using it, such a wonderful image.
Faith x

Carole said...

What a fabulous card Carol....I love the way you have used the image over the pinpoint background ad your lovely colouring. xx

Nat said...

This certainly meets our criteria this week of making it CUTE, fabulous colouring of this sweet image. Thanks for sharing at PFM
Natx

My Paper Epiphany said...

Fantastic design and so cute! Thanks so much for sharing at PBSC:)

Ros Crawford said...

Your lovely image works perfectly with that plate... Fabulous card! Have a good weekend

Sue said...

Such a cute and adorable card Carol I'm trying to catch up lol hugs Sue x

Kim Heggins said...

oh my, this is the sweetest!!!

Izzy Scrap said...

This is an adorable card, Carol ! These little mice are so sweet. I love how festive this card looks with the great Pinpoint Burst Plate. Beautiful sentiment too. ! Love the idea of the note with the date on when using the stamps. Thanks for the tip ! Take care. Hugs x

Claire Grantham said...

Fab card, this would make anyone happy if they received it. Love those adorable mice. Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber this time. Claire DT

Neva Cole said...

Oh so sweet! What a fun and cute card. hanks for playing along with us at Retro Rubber for Anything Goes!

Ratana said...

Ohhh, I love this project, it looks promising. More, give us more!!
Live Football Scores

Brenda said...

What a fun and adorable card Carol! I love those little mice, they certainly are sending some happy! The starburst pierced embossing is perfect as it looks like the light of the candle coming out. A fun illusion for sure and adds nice texture. That is a great idea for the stamps, that way you know if a set isn't being used, it can be purged and passed on to maybe someone who will give it more love. I love this idea and will have to do this myself. I need to purge badly, only problem is I never want to get rid of anything. Not good. lol Hugs, Brenda

raj biswas said...

Great article data and I got extremely many topic information from your website. I appreciate your work and requesting you to please keep posting other niche articles and like you,
Thank you very much for giving everyone to express our feeling and though
english stories

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...