Tuesday 1 March 2022

Crafter's Companion and Papertrey Ink Christmas card for Christmas Kickstart Challenge

 




Hi all,

I was so pleased when Jo from dotty pudding designs asked me to be her guest elf for the Christmas Kickstart Challenge #60, and I even got to choose the subject! 


I love the gorgeous graphic Jo has created for the challenge so I had to steal the beautiful background colour for my snowflake card



I cut a square from the mint satin finish card from the Watercolour Christmas collection by Crafter's Companion which has a white core. I then cut it down the centre with the Penny Black Curved Stitches die before embossing it with the Delicate Snowfall embossing folder, again from Crafter's Companion Watercolour Christmas Collection. I carefully sanded the embossed snowflakes to expose the white core and then added stickles to them to add some sparkle although I haven't been able to capture it in the photos.


The die-cut sentiment is from the Papertrey Ink Wonderful Words: Snow stamp and die set. I stamped the sentiment on the satin card with Versamark ink and added white embossing powder so the mint card shows through as snowflakes before die-cutting it. I really wanted a shadow mat for it but didn't have one so I cut another SNOW and cut it in half down the middle before placing it behind the white one with a little gap in the centre so it would show as a mat.


I layered everything onto a pierced white square card and then onto the base card before finishing off with a few clear gems to the centres of the snowflakes.

I do hope you will join us in the Christmas Kickstart Challenge this time and I look forward to seeing your entries in the gallery over there.

I'd like to play along at





Thanks for stopping by

Hugs
Carol x



12 comments:

Carole said...

This is a beautiful card Carol. I love your mint and white colour scheme and your pretty edge to your embossed snowflakes. great design...love it! xx

Brenda said...

I am so into the color mint right now, so your card caught my eye right away Carol! Congrats on being Guest Elf at Christmas Kickstart! I'm in love with your card, the paper, the embossing, the colors, the die cuts...love it all. I thought you put white ink over those beautiful snowflakes, never would have guessed you sanded the paper and got this beautiful look. Hugs, Brenda

Maria said...

A very lovely card in the pretty mint color! Great design and love the wonderful edge! Such pretty embossed snowflakes, too! Awesome card, love it!!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! This is gorgeous Carol, I love the die shape and the colour of the card, with lots of snowflakes and sparkle who would want anything else?
Faith x

Mac Mable said...

Such a fabulous technique, love the cute little snowflakes and such a beautiful colour combination....Absolutely beautiful card x.

Dotty Jo said...

I'm so happy to have you on board as our elfin muse, carol. I really love your card and have enjoyed finding out how you made it. Your colour combo is so pretty and I've been hunting through my cardstock for a similar colour to that minty blue. How clever to create a 'shadow' for the word snow, it looks great. Here's hoping we get lots of entries for this challenge, and thanks for picking a lovely theme, Jo x

Arlene said...

What a great challenge to feature snowflakes. I love the colors and style of your card.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Fun sentiment and I love all the bitty snowflakes, Carol! Congrats on being Jo's elf this month and thanks for the inspiration!!

MagsB said...

What an elegant Christmas card, Carol! I love the non-trad aqua and white. Thanks for joining in at The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge.

love Mags B x

Dawn @Pretty ShabbyUK said...

Hi Carol, Love the snowflakes. Your only down the Road from me, Im in St Helens... good to see the North West is represented. So glad i found you. All the best xx Keep on sharing xx Dawn xx

Witchcrafted Life said...

So very, very lovely! What a fun, classic wintertime greeting - which still suits our current landscape, as we have plenty of snow on the ground and they are calling for more before the week is through. That's Canada for you, eh! :D

Autumn Zenith 🧡 Witchcrafted Life

Carol L said...

That blue color is just dreamy and I just love all those snowflakes - even in the sentiment too! A beautiful CAS design with great die cuts for a wonderful Christmas card!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...