Tuesday 1 March 2022

The Ton Rose of Sharon and The Greetery Simply Wonderful thank you card

 


Hello everyone and welcome to another challenge over at Addicted to Stamps and More

Well, we've reached the 1st March and I've said 'White Rabbits' like my Mum taught me. Don't ask me why - she just told me to say it on the 1st March and I always have! Anyway, it is a beautiful sunny day here, the crocus and daffodils are in bloom, the frogs are spawning in the pond and I know that spring is around the corner. Nature continues to plod on regardless of the horrible things happening in Ukraine, and we need to take note of all the blessings we have right now. I'm so grateful that we are fortunate enough to have this peaceful hobby that allows us to be in contact with people all over the world and I pray that one day we will have peace everywhere.



This time we'd like to see a card for any occasion and I went with a 5 by 7 inch thank you card.


The flowers and leaves were stamped and die cut with the Rose of Sharon set from The Ton and I shaped them a bit before gluing them with some silicone gel to give some dimension. The sentiment is my NBUS from The Greetery Simply Wonderful stamp and die set.



Everything was placed on a pretty scalloped die cut from the Lacy Layers 5x7 by Waffle Flower, and I matted it onto some red holographic card to add some shine.

We are delighted to have Irene join us as our first Guest Designer for 2022 and you'll find her lovely card and lots of inspiration from my talented teammates over on the ATSM blog, and I do hope you will join us this time.

I'd like to play along at





Thanks for stopping by.

Hugs
Carol x

 



14 comments:

Izzy Scrap said...

WOW ! Gorgeous card, Carol. Love how you gave a lovely dimension to these beautiful flowers. They make such a striking frame for the bold and bright sentiment. Beautiful design as always ! Take care, Hugs x

Mac Mable said...

The scalloped die cut is really pretty and draws your eyes into your amazing card. It is a stunner. Fabulous flowers, love the scale of the sentiment and a real beautiful card x. Yes I am grateful for my hobby too Carol x.

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Carol, a fabulous design - I love the colours.
It's good to be back after spending the last month sorting out my craft room.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Dotty Jo said...

Wow, Carol, this is stunning! Jo x

laurie said...

Your blooms are gorgeous...what a beautiful card!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Stunning card Carol, love the design, pretty dies and gorgeous colouring. We were always to busy with St David's Day to say White Rabbits hahaha. Great to see the nights drawing out though.
Faith x

Brenda said...

I love that you mum said "white rabbits", that is so cute. Too bad you don't know the reason for saying it as I'm sure there was one. Love when spring starts to pop, it puts a spring in my own step. lol Oh Carol, I pray too for there to be peace everywhere one day. My prayers are with Ukraine and her President/people. So horrible at what is happening to them and it is so senseless. Now on to your card, it is gorgeous! I love the size, needed for those luscious blooms and that big, fun sentiment! Love the colors you chose for this card too. Again, gorgeous! Hugs, Brenda

Darnell said...

Your card is so fresh and definitely a wonderful harbinger of springtime, Carol! I agree that we all need this hobby, this kind of loveliness in our lives, and to count our blessings. I'm glad to hear you are having great weather because I've heard it's been pretty stormy for a while. Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Wendy L said...

A very beautiful and vibrant card Carol, thanks for playing at Crafty Friends, xx

Sue said...

Love this Carol! it's stunning hugs Sue x

Witchcrafted Life said...

Radiantly beautiful card, Carol (it is an instant pin for me). The warm, rich colour palette is just what we need to help melt the last vestiges of winter.

Autumn Zenith 🧡 Witchcrafted Life

Sarah said...

That really is won-der-ful!! Such pretty colours and a great design. My Dad always said "white rabbits" to my Sister and I and I continue to do the same. I think it was said to ensure a month of good luck xx

Cindy Beach said...

Such a beautiful card, Carol! I always love florals - especially in red. The bold sentiment is fab!

Greta said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...