Wednesday 11 January 2023

The Greetery Christmas Pudding favour boxes and Mama Elephant polar bear Christmas card

 


Hello crafty friends. I hope you had a good Christmas and I wish you health, happiness and all the good things you hope 2023 will bring you. Last year was a bit of a shocker for the world and my hope is that this year peace breaks out and spreads around the planet as fast as Covid did.

I'd like to welcome you to the first challenge of the year at ABC Christmas Challenges!

 I hope that you will join us this year in our bid to be prepared for next Christmas! Perhaps you were lucky enough to receive some new Christmas craft gifts in your stocking...or snapped up some bargains in the post-Christmas sales...perhaps one of your New Year's resolutions is to have your Christmas cards ready in plenty of time this year...or maybe you just haven't tidied away your Christmas stash away after making last year's cards yet! Whatever the reason, I'd love to have you play along with us.

Helen is our lovely host for the first challenge and she has this great gift for the winner.







Our themes this month are 


'Anything Christmas Goes'

&/or

'Bears'


My anything goes is a Christmas Pudding favour box


I used my new dies from The Greetery to create these and popped a Cadbury's Pud in each one



They were fun to make and easy to mass produce when I put on some Christmas music and went on a die cut frenzy! I cut the bows from red card but the other pieces were cut from white card and inked with a blending brush.



This is my Bear card


I began by stamping the Mama Elephant bears on a panel of card and then masked them off along with a snowbank stencil and the moon. I then inked the card with distress oxide inks - love doing this -  and splattered on some diluted white gouache to create the snowflakes. When everything was dry, I removed the masks and added some shade to the bears and snow with grey Copics, before stamping Santa from Inkyliscious in the sky with black ink. To finish off I added the sentiment along the bottom, cut out a little speech bubble and wrote ho ho ho on it.The scalloped frame is from My Favorite Things.



Our challenge will end on 4th February and if you pop over to the ABC Challenges blog, you will find lots of great inspiration from my DT buddies. They would love to hear from you.

I'd like to play along at

The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge - anything goes

Christmas Kickstart #70 - stencils and masks

Creative Crafting Uncles #36 - Christmas/New Year

Papercraft Challenge #89 -  Deck the Halls

Peace on Earth Christmas Challenge #31 - anything Christmas goes

My Time to Craft Christmas #51 - Use your favourite technique (ink blending)

Thanks for stopping by.


Hugs

Carol x

18 comments:

ionabunny said...

Xmas pud box is awesome. Never tried the cadbury puds. Might have to remedy that. Your card is so cute. Hugz

brenda said...

A super post of craftiness and those little boxes are a delight. I share your thoughts for the new year.

B x

Sarah said...

Happy New Year Carol and I echo your thoughts and wishes for 2023. Those pudding boxes are really lovely, ideal for the "puds". What a lovely card too and a great start to the 2023 Christmas card pile xx

Kate said...

Happy New Year Carol and I echo your wishes for 2023! These creations are fabulous! Your boxes look as tasty as their contents and your polar bear scene is just gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge! Hope we'll see you again soon,
Hugs, Kate (Cards a la Kate)!

Lia said...

The boxes are so gorgeous, what a great treat!!
Lia DT POE

Carole said...

Happy New year carol!...I agree with your sentiments completely. You have started the crafting new year with a bang!!...what delightful little favour boxes, truly lovely and your bear card is a delight too. Hope all is good with you. Hugs xx

Darlene said...

OMG what a fabulous treat box ... they look amazing! Love your card too! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Peace On Earth challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often. We appreciate your support!

Darlene
PEACE ON EARTH
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Becca Sadler said...

Carol S: both projects are fabulous! And thanks for linking your bears themed Christmas card to the favorite technique theme at MTTCC! --Becca/DT

Sue said...

Oh those pud boxes are so fab Carol! I love them and your card is gorgeous too..hugs Sue x

Helen said...

Those Christmas pudding boxes are fabulous...such a cute card too!
Helen x

Vickie Y said...

Adorable boxes! Thank you for sharing with us on Peace on Earth Christmas Challenge.

Fabiola said...

C’est superbe Carol, charmant et gourmand, biz

Doris P. said...

Very cute bears! Thanks for joining us at the Papercraft challenge.

Dotty Jo said...

Such a sweet card and a lovely way to add a snowbank with some stencilling. And I love those Christmas pudds - I may have to go in search of that die myself. Thanks for playing at Christmas Kickstart, Carol, Jo x

Vicky Hayes said...

What a wonderful pair of projects Carol! I was SO tempted by that Greetery pudding die set and am wishing I had succumbed looking at your cute display! The bear card is so beautiful too - love that image and the inky, snowy sky is the perfect background for the bears. Hope 2023 is a very happy year for you! Hugs, Vicky x

Brenda said...

Yes, yes, yes, I pray that this is the year for peace to break out and spread around the planet as fast as Covid did! OMGosh Carol, I am SO loving your pudding box favors!!! They are so cute and I bet they were well received! Your polar bear card with Santa flying off is just so sweet! Love that sky you have made too. Peace, magic, Christmas, they all go together don't they?!! Thank you for the beautiful Christmas card too my sweet friend!!! Hugs, Brenda

Brenda said...

I hope you don't duplicate comments from me Carol, blogger just isn't liking my comments of late and is always telling me, "oops, something is broken". Drives me crazy! LOL Yes, yes, yes, we need peace to break out and spread around the planet as fast as Covid did! OMGosh, I am SO loving these pudding favor boxes! How cute are they?!!! Oh I so want one! LOL Seriously, these are amazing and I'm sure well received! I love your sweet polar bears and Santa card. That sky is so pretty, the whole scene reminds me of being a child again. Peace, magic, Christmas-what the world needs! Thank you for your sweet Christmas card you sent me, I loved it! Hugs, Brenda

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A Beautiful Bear card, so dreamy too. As for your pudding boxes they are a real delight.
Faith x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...