Wednesday 8 February 2023

Penny Black Stocking Stuffers and Spellbinders Sugarplum Tweets Christmas cards



Hello crafty friends and welcome back to another challenge over at ABC Christmas Challenges.


We had a tremendous response to our January Challenge with 158 entries! You submitted some fantastic designs so please go to the blog to see if you were a winner if you joined us. 

Our host this time is the very talented Lynda from Loopylou

and she has this fabulous prize for the winner




Our themes this time are


C is for Checks
and/or
 D is for Die Cuts

I came up with these designs.

C for Checks

 

For this card, I stamped and white embossed the All Lined Up Background stamp from My Favorite Things onto a piece of kraft card. I then cut a white panel using the MFT Stitched Scallop Basic Edges die. The bird is from the Spellbinders Sugarplum Tweets die set and the sentiment is from Paper Smooches.

D for Die-Cuts



For this card, I cut the panel from some cream card, and before I removed it from the die, I inked around the edges with some brown ink to give a vintage look. I then stamped some sprigs and swirls around the card and stamped the sentiment from an old WPlus 9 stamp set called Pretty Patches.

I took some watercolour paper and painted on some red ink so I had a textured base and then cut the stockings and heart from it. The foliage and stockings are from the Penny Black Socking Stuffers die set and the heart is from my stash.

I'd like to play along at






We've had some wonderful weather over the past week - cold but sunny and the best part is that it isn't dark at 3.30pm any more. I smell spring in the air!

Thanks for stopping by.

Hugs
Carol x


 

17 comments:

brenda said...

Two really lovely Christmas designs Carol, that little birdie on the first is so cute.

B x

Helen said...

Wonderful cards Carom - really love your layout on the first one!
Helen x

Carole said...

Two great cards Carol....I like the envelope design on the first one and I had forgotten about the inking technique before removing the die..thanks for the reminder on that one. xx

Darlene said...

Oh Carol, this is just precious! Love the inked background and those stockings are just adorable! Nicely done my friend! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Peace On Earth challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
PEACE ON EARTH
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

P.S. Did you hear the news? We have another new challenge blog we'd love to have you come check out and play along in. It all begins on March 3, 2023. It's called Triple B. Fun with Birds, Butterflies & Blooms. Would love to have you pop over! Appreciate your support!

Donna Ellis said...

Carol, your sweet cards make me think of carefree childhood holidays, the scent of gingerbread, and the cute birds out in the backyard on snowy days. I especially like the tiny elements in your second card, so meticulously positioned and inked. Beautifully done!
Crafting Smiles,
Donna
{Creative Smiles - my little crafting world}

Deanne Saunders said...

Such a cute card!!! Thanks so much for participating in our CHRISTMAS CRAFTS ALL YEAR ROUND challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!!
Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

Deanne Saunders said...

Cute card!!! Thanks so much for participating in our CHRISTMAS CRAFTS ALL YEAR ROUND challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!!
Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

Brenda said...

What beautiful cards Carol! I love your sweet bird on card one and I am drooling over that background you created on the kraft card. A simple, so oh so beautiful card! Your second card is so vintage looking and I love that too! The greeting is just beautiful and I love how you did your stockings. I must remember this, fill my paper stockings with greenery...simple, effective-why have I never thought to do this?! Wow, you guys get dark early! Reminds me of Alaska. Here in my part of the States, it is dark just before 5 pm. I'm not complaining about that anymore after knowing your were dark at 3:30 pm! Yes, the days are getting longer here as well, we've had some really warm days too which is unheard of this time of the year. But like you said, the best part is that the days are getting longer! Hugs, Brenda

crafty-stamper said...

Both great cards -love the dies on both and P.paper on the first-yes definitely getting lighter-the snowdrops are in flower and roll on Spring

Carol x

Susan said...

Two great cards! Love the stockings on the second one and the inking and stamping on the background. Great inclusion of the heart to reflect our Peace on Earth mood board - thanks so much for joining us for this challenge.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Hello again Carol, I "lost you". So have renewed my follow and tried to also follow on Feedly, but it came up with "error". So did bloglovin. Oh! Well!

Your bird and check card is adorable, lovely dies, design, and colour mix. Your Stocking card is so lovely, great inking and stencil with another super design.
Faith x

Vicky Hayes said...

Two fabulous cards Carol! I am in love with the white embossed checked background on the first and that cute little bird. The stockings on the second are lovely too (although my children would have been a little bit disappointed to find those sprigs inside theirs back in the day!!) Vicky x

Maria said...

Two beautiful cards!! Love the sweet bird on the first card and the lovely stockings on the second card!

Ros Crawford said...

You will have a beauiful collection come Christmas, they are all adorable! Me I'm looking forward to summer even though I love snow cards Lol!

Fabiola said...

que c'est adorable Carol, charmant et tout en poésie, biz

Helen said...

Two great cards - love the layout on your gingham one.

Thanks for joining us at the Most Magical Time of the Year Challenge.

Helen x
DT

My Paper Epiphany said...

I love the Vintage vibe - beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at PBSC:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...