Wednesday 8 March 2023

The Greetery Christmas Pudding, MFT Santa's Elves and Spellbinders Merry Christmas cards

 

 

Hello crafty friends,

Well, March has come and I'm looking forward to spring even though we are having a very cold snap hereabouts. Welcome to the March 2023 ABC Christmas Challenge.



The challenge begins today and continues until the 8th April so you have lots of time to create and enter your projects into the gallery.

Our themes this time are

E for Elves

F for Food

and/or

G for Gold,

and I have a little prize for the randomly chosen winner



I managed to make a card for each of the themes this time 

E for Elves




I used the MFT Santa's Elves set for this, coloured with Copics and layered it onto the Altenew Diamond Frame die cut. The sentiment strip is from Simon Says Stamp.

F for Food



I used the Greetery Christmas Pudding dies for this one and shaded the pudding base with distress oxide ink and added currants with a brown Copic. The circle frame was cut with a die from Studio Katya and after I put it all together, I felt it lacked something. As I was clearing up, I found all the little red dots that had fallen from the frame die and spent a happy few minutes gluing each one around the frame. It doesn't take much lol....




 G is for Gold

 

 I used a green satin finish card for this one and foiled the Spellbinders Merry Christmas foil plate with gold foil. I added some flowers and holly, foiled with the same set, to add a pop of colour and finished off with the Christmas sentiment.

 




I know it seems strange to be making Christmas cards in March but I already feel good at seeing the little pile of cards I've already amassed!

I'd like to play along at

Merry Little Christmas Challenge #49 - anything Christmas goes

My Favorite Things - Ready set, Christmas!

Happy Little Stampers Christmas Challenge - anything Christmas Goes 

Christmas with the Cuties - something with a sentiment

Peace on Earth Challenge anything Christmas goes

Thanks for stopping by.

Hugs

Carol x

13 comments:

brenda said...

Like you more than ready for Spring Carol and hoping the snow flurries this morning don't last too long.

All three of your cards are beautifully designed, if I had to choose a favourite it just might be the first.

B x

Sarah said...

Gorgeous cards Carol and on this occasion I love them all. Those cheeky MFT elves are among my favourite Christmas stamps, love the simplicity yet impact of the Christmas Treat and the foiled Merry looks sensational xx

Helen said...

What a fabulous set of cards - that pudding looks good enough to eat!
Helen x

Diane said...

Wow, you have been busy and look how far ahead you are now with THREE cards, which BTW are all fabulous!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Peace On Earth!
Diane POE Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Peace On Earth}
{Stencil Fun}

Lia said...

You made gorgeous cards and I can't choose which one I like the best!
Lia DT POE

Pat said...

Cute card, love the colourful elves, thanks for playing along with us at Christmas with the Cuties this month.

Pat xx

Fabiola said...

elles sont splendides Carol, biz

JulieP said...

Very fun set of holiday cards!!! That Christmas pudding looks good enough to eat. Thanks so much for playing with us at the HLS Christmas challenge!

Lynda said...

What great cards for the three themes - love the vibrant colours - so much fun. xx

Carole said...

Hi there! all these cards are truly wonderful Carol. I haven't made one Christmas card yet!! I always love to see those elves on your cards they are super cute and the pudding is displayed so lovely with scalloped die cut behind it. Finally I love the colour combo of the turquoise and gold and the addition of those tiny flowers just draws the eye.xx

Darnell said...

Thank you for this wonderful early Christmas inspiration, Carol! I'm making one Christmas card for each other card I post and so far, so good in the new year and it feels great to be on track instead of hit or miss and then panic! This ABC Challenge is a fun one and I love that you made us a fabulous design for each letter! Hope you warm up soon! Hugs, Darnell

Maria said...

All such lovely Christmas cards!! Beautiful colors and great design!!

Brenda said...

Good golly Miss Molly, three fabulous cards Carol!!! Love that you added three to your Christmas card stash as well. The elves card is just darling-who can resist them?! The Christmas pudding is fun and reminds me of your treat boxes, love it! The third one is my favorite, love the simplicity of this one, the sparkle and shimmer and the pop of color. All perfect in their own right! Hugs, Brenda

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...