Tuesday 21 March 2023

Taylored Expressions Layered in Quads Mistletoe Christmas card

 



Hello everyone and welcome back to Addicted to Stamps and More! We've had a long break and come back refreshed for the next series of challenges. We're starting off with Challenge #442 - Christmas:-



and I came up with this card



I used my new Taylored Expressions Layered in Quads Mistletoe stencils and inked up with a couple of shades of green and red ink. I stamped the sentiment from Papertrey Ink in the centre and embossed it with clear ink before cutting the panel out with a die from Waffle Flower. I matted it onto some white card that had been inked around the edges with the same red ink, and then onto the base card.



To finish off, I added some glossy accents to some of the berries to add some shine.


If you head over to the ATSM blog, you'll find lots of inspiration from my talented Teamies and it would be great if you decide to join us this time.

I'd like to play along at





Thanks for stopping by.

Hugs
Carol x








14 comments:

brenda said...

It's lovely Carol, pretty stamping to draw the eye yet with a CAS feel to it as well with the white space.

B x

Mummylade said...

Wow, this is really eye catching!

Carole said...

Love this card Carol....great inking and co-ordination with the ink to match on the edge of the backing layer. It's a stunning card, lovely stencils and dies...very classy! Hope all is good with you. xx

Brenda said...

Gorgeous card Carol! I think I remember this layered Mistletoe on another Christmas card and I thought it was so gorgeous in person! Love the die you used to cut it out with, so filly and girly to me. I love girly. LOL I also love how you inked around your mat layer so the reds matched. I am also loving the stitching on your card base, that is so cool looking! Is it just a die that puts the stitching on, no cutting? Very cool and I am so loving this whole card! Hugs, Brenda

Becca Sadler said...

This is such a lovely Christmas card! I really like the glossy accenting!! Thanks for linking to our Christmas Letter Rr theme! --Becca/DT

Darnell said...

I've missed you! This is so elegant and beautifully classic, Carol! Love the matting and borders, the traditional Christmas colors, and that sophisticated sediment in the middle! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Lia said...

This is so pretty. What a great use of the stamp.
Lia DT POE

Linby said...

This is so pretty and eyecatcing. I saw it in the NBUS gallery and had to get a closer look.

Maria said...

How lovely is your Christmas card with the mistletoe! Love the pretty sentiment and sweet scalloped panel!

Sarah said...

Wow Carol, that's a beautiful card. Traditional colours with a modern twist xx

Izzy Scrap said...

So glad to be back and to see your wonderful cards, Carol ! This one is no exception. Beautiful and elegant. This mistletoe stencil looks great. Hope everything is fine with you !

kel Acopan said...

Love it! Thanks so much for joining us at The Holly & Ivy Christmas Challenge!

lovies, =o) kel
The Holly & Ivy Christmas DT

laurie said...

Wow love that stenciling...beautiful card!

Nandini said...

Gorgeous card! The stenciling is beautiful. And I love the sentiment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...