Wednesday 5 April 2023

Poppystamps Floral Cake Pop Up Easel birthday card


Hello everyone and welcome to the next challenge over at Addicted to Stamps and More.


This time we have our birthday challenge and I was really pleased to make a start on birthday cards because my stash of them is seriously depleted.

I came up with this card


I used my new Poppystamps Floral Cake Pop-Up Easel dies along with the icing addition.

These dies were fun to work with and I really like that they stand up by themselves without adding a stopper if you don't want one.

I made it with a brown textured card for the chocolate cake layers and added some shiny pink card for the icing and a couple of the candles. I like the versatility of this die too - I'm going to reverse the colours and have pink cake with chocolate icing and some eggs and chicks on the top to make an Easter card.

The sentiment dies and stamp on the base are from Papertrey Ink.






 We've been enjoying some sunshine at last but it's still a bit nippy around here. They say it will get a bit warmer for Easter and I'm looking forward to that. I hope the Easter Bunny stops off at your house and brings lots of yumminess for you!


I'd like to play along at






Thanks for stopping by.

Hugs
Carol x

12 comments:

brenda said...

It really is a fun design Carol and chocolate with pink icing works very well for me. Like you hoping for a bit more warmth come Easter.

B x

Sue said...

Such a fab design Carol love the pink and chocolate colours together. It's been nice here for the past few days but it's a bit cloudy and overcast today...hugs Sue x

Carole said...

Brilliant card carol, good enough to eat! Lovely sentiment on the stopper too. xx

Donna Ellis said...

Yummy, Carol! That die set is awesome and so versatile! But I'm busy drooling over the color choices and hankering to go bake a cake now. giggle. I especially like your coordinating candles!
{Creative Smiles - my little crafting world}

Sarah said...

That cake looks good enough to eat Carol and I LOVE the Neapolitan ice cream colours!! Yum!! Hope you have a lovely Easter weekend xx

Brenda said...

What a fun birthday card Carol! I am so loving the cake die, a grown up looking cake. Oh I can see it now, a strawberry pink cake with chocolate icing. Yummy! LOL You made me hungry for cake now Carol! LOL This will make a very cute Easter cake and I can't wait to see it if you make it. We were really warm, but now having three days of cooler temps but then are warm temps are supposed to come back after Easter. Happy Easter friend! Hugs, Brenda

laurie said...

Love this pop up card...so fun!

Darnell said...

I can see where I could become addicted to baking cakes with this fun die, Carol! Chockie cake with pink - brilliant - or the reverse, yummo, or vanilla cake with strawberry icing, or any number of holidays besides birthdays. I think making an Easter bunny cake is a delightful idea, too, and I love the way it stands. Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! I hope you have a very warm and sunny Easter! We are finally getting a break from the rain - spose to be in the mid-70s tomorrow! Hugs, Darnell

Maria said...

Oh, what a fun birthday card! The cake looks absolutely delicious! Hope you are having a wonderful blessed Easter!

William said...

Thanks for your commitment to helping us learn

Catie Cuddles said...

What a fun creation.
Thank you for joining us at Happy Little Stampers anything goes Birthday challenge.
Happy crafting!
Catherine x DT

Sari / Granne said...

Your cake looks so delicious, love the pink frosting and the cake shape. Thank you for sharing with us over here at Sheepski Designs and best of luck with your entry.
Granne DT for https://sheepski-designs-challenges.blogspot.com/

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...