Thursday 13 July 2023

Crafter's Companion and Penny Black Christmas card and Glitzcraft Nativity stencil Christmas card



Hello everyone and welcome back to a new challenge at:-


We're really rattling through the alphabet now and this time we have


N for No Layers and O for Ornaments.

Here is my no-layers card:-




I masked off a square and inked the background with distress inks. I then placed a nativity stencil from Glitzcraft over the top and inked through with black ink. Once that was dry I added some silver ink to the star and halos then removed the mask. The sentiment came from Paper Smooches.

This is my O for Ornaments:-




I first cut the card aperture with a Crater's Com[panion Merry die and backed the hole with some dotty acetate. I added red paper behind the acetate to add some stability, highlight the dots and give a clean finish inside. The ornaments were made with a Penny Black die set called little ornaments - the back layer was made with red card and the top layer with mirri card. The Christmas sentiment is from a Happy Little Stampers set.

The team has some great inspiration for you over on the ABC Christmas Challenges blog, and you can enter your card over there too.

I'd like to play along at







Thanks for stopping by.

Hugs
Carol x
 

10 comments:

Mummylade said...

You really made an amazing job with the inled background. It’s beautiful!

Carole said...

Two lovely cards and both so different. Great inking in the first one clever creating in the second with your infill. xx

brenda said...

Two great cards, the Nativity scene is lovely in the hues of blue/lilac but it's the second one that is my fav today, such striking design and colours.

B x

Kerry Charles said...

Beautiful Christmas cards. Thanks for joining us this week at CRAFT Challenge. Kerry (DT)

Sue said...

Two stunning cards Carol they really are lovely hugs x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I love the stencilled card Carol, it's beautiful and the true meaning of Christmas. I also love your bright and Merry die card. I love the addition of the ornaments. Both gorgeous cards.
Faith x

Imke said...

Thanks for entering with your second card, Carol. I like how you added the Designpaper behind the cut out. And the ornaments are a perfect touch.

Thanks for joining our Christmas or New Year Challenge @ Little Red Wagon. I hope to see you back again soon.

Imke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE

Darline Maes said...

Prachtige kaart, bedankt om mee te doen, groetjes Darline

Lynne said...

A lovely nativity scene with fab inking. Thank you for joining in at Christmas Craft Creations. Lynne DT

Abigale Huels said...

"Your blog has become a go-to resource for me because of the quality of your content. Keep up the fantastic work, and I look forward to reading more from you!"
Pro Club Discount Code

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...