Wednesday 14 February 2024

Penny Black Feline Christmas card and MFT Happy Pawlidays Christmas card



Hello everyone, I hope you are well and getting some crafty time to yourself. I am studiously ignoring the chores, staying tucked up warm, and enjoying my craft time while I can.

We're back for another month at ABC Christmas Challenges



Our lovely host this time is Helene (Mummylade), and she has a prize for the lucky winner.

Our Themes this time are

 C for Cat 
and 
D for Dog

and this is what I came up with

C for Cats


I didn't have a Christmas cat image so I decided to stretch my stash by using the Penny Black Feline die. I settled on a CAS design and cut the die from black glossy card. I made a simple background for it by spattering a couple of blue inks onto white card and layered it up. To make it festive, I made a Christmas hat for each cat out of some scraps of card and then white embossed the sentiments above and below the panel.



D for Dog


 

For this card I stamped, coloured and die-cut the cute dog image from the MFT Happy Pawlidays stamp set, and die-cut the Christmas lights from a die set from Spellbinders. I die-cut the background panel from the Nordic Frames set by The Greetery and used a stencil to lightly ink a rectangle on it.
The sentiment is from Clearly Besotted and I finished off by adding some gloss to the baubles with Nuvo Crystal Glaze.




There's a lot of inspiration from my Teamies over on the ABC Christmas Challenges blog and you can join in with us by entering your card into the gallery there.

I'd like to play along at






Thanks for stopping by
Hugs
Carol x

9 comments:

brenda said...

Two real beauties Carol, loving the fun Cat die, makes for a lovely card, equally the Dog appeals, many thanks for sharing at Stamping Sensations challenge.

B x

Dotty Jo said...

Beautiful cards, Carol! Jo x

Helen said...

Fabulous cards Carol - love the kitties in their festive hats!
Helen x

PS - thanks for playing at the Penny Black Saturday Challenge!

laurie said...

These are adorable!!!

Sarah said...

Wow, you've nailed the cats and dogs here Carol, absolutely LOVE them both!! xx

pinky said...

Both cards are just fabulous!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Stamping Sensations.
Pinky

sweetpea said...

So cute. Thanks for sharing it with us at the Crafty Catz Challenge Janet DT

Fabiola said...

oh la la Carol, mais que c'est adorable, un vrai bonheur a regarder, biz

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What Super fun cards, great designs too Carol. x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...