Tuesday 3 September 2024

Penny Black Idyllic sending hugs card for any occasion

 


Hello everyone and welcome back to another challenge at Addicted to Stamps and More.



This time we are looking at cards for any occasion so I came up with this card


I used the Penny Black stamp called Idyllic which is a cling stamp. I used a technique that Darnell used on a beautiful flower vase stamp, where I inked the stamp, spritzed with water and then stamped onto watercolour paper. I then pulled out the ink on each flower and leaf to add the detail. I have a bold blue flower in my garden that I love, so I kept going back with some colour until I got the depth of colour I wanted.


I also used the inny of a Penny Black stencil and inked around it to provide the frame. The sentiment is generic enough for the card to be used for lots of occasions, such as birthdays, get-wells, thank-yous, etc., depending on what is stamped inside. I little butterfly finished it off.

My talented design teammates have some fabulous cards to inspire you and I hope you will join us this time.

I'd like to play along at

The Colour Options Challenge September 24 - be bold

Triple B September Challenge - blooms and butterflies

Penny Black Saturday Challenge - flowers


We're having our only bathroom refitted at the moment so we are in chaos at home. It's a 2-week job so we've resorted to body wipes that people use at pop festivals, and visiting family to use their shower.  It's inconvenient for all but thank goodness we have a separate loo!

Thanks for stopping by.

Hugs

Carol x

2 comments:

brenda said...

How beautifully elegant Carol, such an effective design. For some strange reason I don't have that PB stamp in my stash, but my favourite technique for slapstick stamps as always gives such lovely results.

B x

My Paper Epiphany said...

So very elegant and beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing with us at PBSC:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...