Tuesday 4 October 2016

Clearly Besotted and Happy Little Stampers Christmas card



Hello everyone, and welcome to another Happy Little Stampers Christmas challenge. Well the year is whizzing by and as we only have three more challenges left until Christmas, it's time to crank up the pressure, sorry I mean pleasure, and get on with increasing the pile of Christmas cards, ready for the big day. This time we're asking you to use embossing on your card, and this can be any kind of dry or heat embossing  you choose.





I decided to use both, and came up with this card


I cut a panel of blue card and embossed it with an NBUS embossing folder that came free with a magazine many moons ago, and it gave a beautiful deep emboss on the snowflakes.



I then used a Papertrey Ink Fillable Frame 4 die to cut a couple of frames from white card. On one, I stamped and clear embossed a sentiment from Happy Little Stampers Mixed Christmas Sentiments, and a few snowflakes from Clearly Besotted Ornamental Style. I then sponged blue ink over the frame before matting it onto the other white frame, which I had cut into two so it would show behind the blue one.


I gently inked the surface of each snowflake with some white pigment ink and added some gems, and to finish off, I mounted everything onto foam tape and placed it on the base card. 

Last year, I had all my cards finished by the beginning of December, and it really left me free to enjoy the run up to Christmas, so I plan to try and do the same this time. I'll probably make a few more of this design because it was quite easy to make and will be easy to post.

Why not head over to the HLS Blog to see some inspiration from the team, and join in with us this time.

I'd like to play along with

Dream Valley Challenges - embossing wet or dry

Christmas Card Challenges - anything goes

Crafting When we Can - Christmas comes early.

Thanks for stopping by


Hugs
Carol x

15 comments:

Carole said...

Lovely card Carol....and perhaps a good one to make more than one of?I do like how you have highlighted the snowflakes. You sound one organised lady!

Barb said...

A very pretty card Carol and such a pretty colour. Barbxx

Sue said...

Ooooo love this Carol that embossing folder is fab! I really haven't started my cards yet but hopefully will get some time soon lol huggles Sue xxxxxxxx

Nora Noll said...

This is so pretty!! I LOVE the embossing folder and the BLUE. Totally stunning card!!

Susan said...

Love the way you inked over the dry embossed snowflakes to give them a frosty look! Beautiful shades of blue (my favourite colour!).

Debbie said...

So pretty!! I love embossing and yours is wonderful!!!
Thanks for playing along this week at Christmas Card Challenges!!
Debbie (CCC DT)
Debbie's Dash of This and That

BożenA said...

Hello Carol,
so beautiful you used both types of embossing. It looks really amazing together sharing one! I love the white finish of snowflakes, they look like frozen.
hugs,
BozenA

N-Eva said...

Fantastic card! Truly beautiful!! Thanks for playing with us at Dream Valley Challenges!
Neva DT

Loll said...

Love your double embossed card Carol. Such a soft blue with the dry embossed snowflakes ... so delicate looking. And then the vibrant blue for your heat embossed panel. Gorgeous together. xx

samantha's cards said...

How pretty, i love those embossed snowflakes. Thanks for joining us at Christmas card challenges.

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at CWWC, good luck!!! Amy DT

Gwendolyn said...

Really beautiful embossing!

Linda said...

This looks so pretty .... love the embossing on the blue cardstock xx

Linda said...

This looks so pretty .... love the embossing on the blue cardstock xx

Birgit said...

I absolutely love this card! It is so pretty like a delicate Dresden plate...beautiful!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...