Sunday 5 September 2010

New baby card

Hello everyone,

I finally got around to making a card today as a late entry to the Passion for Papertrey polka dot challenge. I have a sewing machine that sits on a desk rebuking me for not using it after I had managed to convince myself that I would be able to do so many things with it once I had bought it. Truth be told, I have been terrified of it since I tried threading it up and got hopelessly tangled up in yards of tangled thread and knots. Well I decided to be brave today and try again. I can't believe I had so much trouble before, because it behaved beautifully today and I am pleased to present a card with machine sewing on it at last!

click on photo to enlarge


I made the polka dot paper with PTI Polka dot basics and matted it onto Spring Rain cardstock before stitching the edges (yay!). I stamped the baby image from Lily of the Valley stamps and coloured it with Copics and paper pieced the hat and babygrow with more polka dotted paper. This was then layered with Nestabilities labels dies. I knotted some ribbon for some added texture and placed the mat on top with pop dots to give some dimension. A couple of baby footprints finished it off.

I'm off to sing with my choir now, so thanks for looking.

Carol x

3 comments:

Vicki said...

Oh Carol it's gorgeous, sooooo cute and I just love the stitching ;)

Hugs
Vicki x

Aimes said...

Oh you have a better time with your machine than I do with mine! LOL!
What a sweet card, with sweet stitching too!
Thanks so much for joining us on A Passion for Papertrey!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Lexxie said...

Soo sweet Carol, this has to be the most adorable little baby card I've ever seen!
Love Sarita xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...