Sunday 15 April 2012

Papertrey Ink sympathy card

Hi everyone, and welcome to Mary J and Crafty Starkie who are new followers this week. I really appreciate those of you who decide to follow my blog or leave such sweet comments - it's what makes this blogging thing worthwhile.

I hope you have are having a good weekend. We went to see a show on Friday night and then had some friends round for dinner last night, so today is for some down time and starting to plan the wedding scrapbook I have promised to my friend. It is ages since I have made a scrapbook so I am both excited and scared about how it will turn out. Am I the only one who gets nervous about committing things to paper? I place pictures and embellishments on the pages and endlessly move them around over several days before I take the plunge and stick them down.

I enjoyed the CAS card on line class so much in January that I have signed up for another one that starts tomorrow, and this time it is for using cutters. I am more or less okay with die cuts but I have so much to learn about electronic cutting and I hope it will help me get to grips with my Cameo.

Today I'd like to share a card I made for a lovely neighbour and member of my Book Group whose husband sadly passed away a couple of weeks ago after a long battle with cancer. I always find sympathy cards so hard to make but I think the PTI stamp set 'With Sympathy' really hits the spot.
After stamping the foliage image in spring moss ink and adding the roses in yellow, I used the canvas embossing plate to give a little texture.


I cut the ribbon banner die in white and green, stamped the sentiment on the white one and then cut it down and matted it onto the green one


the ribbon is PTI ripe avocado bitty dot.



Thanks for looking and have a great week.

Hugs
Carol x

17 comments:

SandeeNC said...

Oh have fun on your online class, I love learning new things! I also am like you and LOVE for people to leave comments on my blog, shameless,huh? lol I agree with you that sympathy cards are hard to make :( waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

Annie said...

Hi Carol thanks for visiting my blog and leaving kind comments. Your work is fabulous too and I just browsed some of your other pieces. I kinda like trying many styles of card making/crafting, but vintage/grunge is what I really enjoy.

I have just became your newest follower too and will be back to view your creations...........Annie :)

Joyce said...

This is a beautiful card, and I'm sure will give your friend some comfort.

Taheerah said...

Very tasteful Sympathy card Carol, I love the added touch of the Linen Impression Plate and the matting of the sentiment. Thanks for leaving some love on my blog!

cheryl said...

oh Hun,this is one really beautiful and delicate sympathy card sweetie,love the plate and the sentiment,just perfect hugs Cherylxxx

Karin Ã…kesdotter said...

This is soo elegant and beautiful Carol! ? thanks so much for your comment - you have no idea how happy it made me!
Hugs, Karin

Mary J said...

Hello Carol! This is BEAUTIFUL! Gorgeous colours and that ribbon is perfect!

Linby said...

Beautifully made Carol and so fitting for the lady.
Linbyx

Marybeth said...

Carol sorry to hear about your friends husband.Glad you had a fun weekend. I love your card it is so beautiful with the yellow flowers so elegantly stamped ! Think ,I know I am on the right side…..lol wink, wink!

Jenny Marples said...

Love your card Carol. So stylish and perfect for such a difficult occasion.
Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving such a kind comment. I will be following your blog in future with great interest.
Hugs, Buttons

Karen B. said...

This is such a gorgeous sympathy card, a soothing image and color palette make it extra special.

Crafty Starkie said...

What a beautiful card! I love the ribbon and the colors work wonderfully with this card!

gettincraftystarkie.blogspot.com

Emily Leiphart said...

Beautiful card, Carol! I love the pops of yellow!

Anonymous said...

Such a cute card!

Jenny said...

Hi Carol, great to meet another UK lady who loves PTI :0)
Your Sympathy card is beautiful, I love the leafy flourish :0)
Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog :0)
Jenny x

Marcie Rhys said...

What a lovely and simple card you've made. Your sensibilities are so up my alley! I love what you do with Papertrey's and Waltzing Mouse's stamp sets. (Who makes that lovely foliage stamp you used?)

I know what you mean about having trouble committing things to paper. Sometimes I have gotten so restless and fussy, I just glue something down and try to make the rest work! Sometimes, I switch to mediums with which I'm not so familiar, because I don't get as hung up on composition (for some strange reason). But, all your trials do result in just the best cards ever!

Chrissy Larson said...

This is simply stunning! I have the worst time with sympathy cards. You make it look SO easy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...