I hope you had a good weekend and are all geared up for the week ahead. I am enjoying the last few days of my fifties before my I turn 60 this week, and I am looking forward to celebrations/commiserations with my family and friends.
The challenge over at Curtain Call this week is Sunflower Surprise
and I want to share some wedding invitations I made recently for some good friends of my daughter who were getting married. They wanted a sunflower theme in blue and yellow and needed 100 of them! In case you are interested in trying mass production, I'll outline the steps I took, but if not, just scroll through. As I had never made so many cards of one design before, I set up a a kind of production line with all the components before assembling them together, 20 at a time.
I kept the design simple with Papertrey Ink 'Fancy Flourishes' stamped randomly onto yellow card with Dandelion Memento ink, and I found a lovely flourishy invitation stamp at Waltzing Mouse Stamps (Big Day Essentials)that coordinated beautifully. I needed 100 die cut sunflowers along with their centres, but could not face manually cutting such a large number, so I die cut the shapes in black card, scanned them into the computer, and after importing them into the Silhouette software, I was able to cut them out on my Cameo. Once I had them cut out, I stamped the sunflower with the Dandelion ink and the centres with Blue Danube ink and the Papertrey Ink Simple Sunflower stamps. I stuck them together, curled the edges a little and added some glitter for some sparkle.
This was the result when it was all assembled, with the word panel scored a few times to add interest and a little gem popped on the 'o'
and this is the same one but for the evening invitations
I cut some small sunflowers to put on the back of the invitations
I also decorated the envelopes with a stamp from Simon Says Stamp 'Envelope Sentiments' and tied batches of them together with blue ribbon.
I also made the table names and place-cards for the tables, with, you guessed it, little sunflowers! This time they were really tiny and I shaped them to give some dimension
For these, I used the same technique of scanning and importing into the Silhouette software so I could cut them on my Cameo. The stamp is another one from Papertrey Ink, this time the 'Places Please Stamp Set'. I thoroughly enjoyed the challenge of making these, especially as I really like the couple but I would caution that it is not for the faint hearted. I learned such a lot as I went along, the major thing being to make sure you have enough materials before you start. I kept running out of the yellow card, and as it wasn't available locally I had to wait for mail order which held things up a bit. Nevertheless, I would encourage anyone to have a go - I got great satisfaction from seeing them all packed up and ready to go.
Thanks for stopping by