Tuesday 5 August 2014

Bugaboo Christmas Card





Hello everyone and specially warm welcome to Sharon who is a gifted Scrapbook artist and is on several Design Teams. Her blog is full of wonderful photographs of  her family and friends, and she comes up with fabulous layouts to showcase them.

Thank you for all your well wishes, - they must have worked because I'm feeling so much better now, and we had a really nice weekend. We had a lovely family get together and went to see an outdoor multi media First World War Commemoration event called 'Honour' at Media City in Salford. This was so moving, and included actors, poetry, dancers and a 350 voice choir who sang a specially commissioned piece of music. It started at 10pm and was so atmospheric with the lighting effects after dark. I have learned so much about the First World War that I didn't know over the past 6 months, and when the finale included pictures of thousands of falling poppy leaves, I can tell you that I wasn't the only one blubbing. Its so sad that all those young men going off to war in August had been persuaded that they would be home again by Christmas!

On a lighter note, it is time for another challenge over at Holly Jolly Christmas Challenge


Holly Jolly Christmas Challenge
and this time you are asked to make a card using non traditional colours. Our sponsors this time are 


                                           Limited Runs Digital Stamps
                                                                 Limited Runs Stamps

                                                                             and 

                                                 
                                                                      Bugaboo Stamps

I used a Bugaboo stamp and sentiment and came up with this card




I love the Bugaboo Stella, with her miserable face and tart way of expressing herself! I coloured the image, cut it with the Tipped Tops Dies by Papertrey Ink and added some glitter to make her a little bit festive! I used a tiny star stamp to to give a background paper effect in two shades of ink and called it done.

Why not pop over to the HJCC blog to see what my lovely Teamies have for you.


Thanks for stopping by.

Hugs
Carol x

4 comments:

Darnell said...

Oh, Carol, I love the jaunty angle you gave your sassy Christmas Stella!! And I'm so glad to hear that you are feeling better!! Hugs, Darnell

Benzi said...

Carol, this is so fun. Stella certainly has a way with words. I love it! I'm happy to hear you are feeling better.

Sarah said...

These images always make me smile, I think every family has a Stella!! Great colour choice and the sentiment is brilliant!! xx

Joyce said...

Oh, this is just so cute and clever.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...