Hello and welcome to the new Happy Little Stampers Challenge! Now I don't want to scare you, but have you realised that Christmas will be here in a flash now that September is here and the children have gone back to school? If you haven't been squirrelling cards away already, it might be time to make a start so that panic doesn't settle in at the beginning of December.
Our optional twist for September is 'tree' but you can enter any kind of Christmas card if that doesn't tickle your fancy.
Our winner for this challenge will receive a $20 coupon to spend at the shop! Check out all the details HERE.
IF YOU USE STAMPS BY HAPPY LITTLE STAMPERS AND YOU ARE OUR RANDOM WINNER, YOUR PRIZE WILL BE DOUBLED!
I saw this gorgeous Christmas Tree die from Crafter's Companion and had to have it, so I came up with this card
2) The Create a card Sparkling Tree die has 3 dies in it, one cuts the tree into the card and two side dies enable you to cut the edges if you want to. Die cut the tree and one side die on each side of the gatefold and remove the fallout.
3) Using just the side dies, cut the basic tree shape from some green patterned paper and stick it to the card behind the cut-out trees.
4) For the inside of the card, cut out a complete tree and paper backing and stick it to the card so it lines up in the centre when the card is closed.
5) Die cut the sentiment from Paper Smooches in red card and die cut 2 Clearly Besotted snowflakes, then stick them on either side of the tree so they will not be seen when the card is closed.
6) Finish off by adding red stars to the tops of the trees.
I'd like to play along at
Jingle Belles Challenge Shape Up for the holidays - tree-shaped gatefold
My Time to Craft Challenge #378 - Christmas in August
Crafty Calendar Challenge September - unusual folds
12 Months of Christmas Challenge #45 - anything goes with optional twist
As always, my talented teammates have lots to show you over on the HLS blog, and you can link your card to the gallery there too.
Thanks for stopping by.