Tuesday 12 February 2019

Sue Wilson Poinsettia Garland and WPlus 9 Pretty Patches: Tree Christmas card





Hello everyone and welcome to another challenge over at Addicted to Stamps and More. This time we have our Holiday Challenge to help you get a jump start on all the cards you send for various holidays throughout the year.



I went for Christmas. Again!




I used the Sue Wilson Poinsettia Garland die and multi-cut it to add some dimension, before adding some Nuvo Drops to the berries. I wanted some yellow pearls but didn't have any so I remembered a tip I saw on YouTube to use the silica balls from the little drying sachets you get with new shoes etc. I had never opened one of these before and was intrigued to find that they are little clear balls rather than the powder I had imagined them to be. I added some yellow re-inker to die them yellow, let them dry and then added them to the flower. I added some touches of dries clear glue and sprinkled on some glitter.




The sentiment is from the WPlus9 Pretty Patches: Tree. Because of the dimension on the flower, this card is best for hand delivery but it was pretty quick to make and would be good for mass producing.

You'll find lots of inspiration lovely design team over on the ATSM blog, and I hope you will join us this time.


I'd like to play along at

Merry Little Christmas Challenge #7 - anything Christmas goes

The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge #44 - anything Christmas goes

Allsorts Challenge #506 - winter sparkle




Thanks for stopping by

Hugs
Carol x

16 comments:

Carole said...

Lovely poinsettia card Carol...you are well organised. I've never opened a silica gel bag either...clever tip...will keep your card dry too!..lol. I have coloured white pearls before with alcohol markers when I haven't had the right colour. xx

cotnob said...

A fabulous card Carol, a beautiful Poinsettia and such an elegant design.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Julie B said...

Super Christmas card, love how you improvised with the beads. You could have coloured some plain pearls or gems with Copic marker, that works well I find. :)

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love this. It is super gorgeous!

brenda said...

A beautiful Poinsettia Carol and so prettily displayed into the garland shape, perfect for our 'Winter Sparkle' theme at Allsorts challenge, many thanks for joining in.

B x

Wendy L said...

Gorgeous card, thanks for joining us at Allsorts , xxxx

Sarah said...

What a showstopper!! That is one gorgeous poinsettia xx

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

Such a pure elegance, Carol! Adore this classic beauty. The poinsettia is simply stunning.

Brenda said...

Oh Carol, this is just so elegant! I am loving that poinsettia die and the greenery. So beautiful is that sentiment too! I would go for Christmas too just to build that stash. lol Hugs, Brenda

Kim Heggins said...

This is absolutely stunning!

Monika Reeck said...

Oh wooow the Detail of the Flower is stunning woooowww
and love your Sentiment too
elegant Card Miss Carol
hugs
Monika

Ros Crawford said...

Oh my that poinsettia is stunning! Beautiful card Carol... I hope you have a lovely Sunday... Not as warm as it promised though is it?

Macimbalo said...

Such a gorgeous Christmas card - perfect!

Greta said...

Gorgeous die cut & I love the sentiment & how you used 2 colors! One of my favorite cards!

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful Christmas card card and love the die-cut poinsettia
Carol x

Monica Maier said...

Love the use of the dies, such an elegant look! Thanks for joining us at Merry Little Christmas challenge blog!

Monica- DT
https://monicascraftcorner.blogspot.com/

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...