Monday 1 June 2020

Concord & 9th Snowflakes Turnabout and Penny Black Cut and Stitch Christmas card



Hello everyone and welcome to the June challenge over at ABC Christmas Challenges


How did we whizz halfway round the year already? I certainly find time speeding up as I get older and I definitely get far less done in the time I have available, so I think I need to get more Christmas cards made before the holiday creeps up leaving me wishing I'd used my time more wisely.

This month our themes are

L for Love 

and

M for Movies.

Our lovely Helen is the host this month and she has a great prize on offer for the winner




I went for L for Love and came up with this card



I began by blending various blue oxide inks onto some white card and then used my NBUS Concord & 9th Snowflakes Turnabout stamp set using Versamark ink and embossed with white embossing powder.

The central panel is cut with an MFT Blueprints 33 die and I stamped some little snowflakes from the set and a sentiment from a Papertrey Ink mini stamp set. The circle is cut from the Penny Black Cut and Stitch die set and I matted it onto a circle of some more ink blended card.



I used some more distress ink to create the edges of the mat the square panel is placed on, and although I was tempted to add some glitter sparkle, I resisted and left it as it is.

I love that if you have some inks, you really don't have to keep a lot of different coloured card on hand,  and I think I need to keep this in mind as I continue to plod through culling my craft supplies.

I hope you will visit our blog and see all the inspiration from our amazing team, and if you decide to join in with us, you can add your entry over there.

I'd like to play along at

SSS Monday Challenge - make your own background

12 months of Christmas Challenge - anything goes

NBUS Challenge 15 - anything goes with NBUS

Stay safe,
and thanks for stopping by.

Hugs
Carol x

13 comments:

Nataliascraft said...

Gorgeous Christmas card Carol, love the snowflake background and fab design xx

Carole said...

This is a stunner Carol.....love those bright embossed snowflakes on that lovely inky background and the bold statement set off so well. It seems like everyone is on a mission to cull their stash these days..lol..it's just remembering to use what you have isn't it! Hugs xx

Nora Noll said...

This is lovely!! Those snowflakes POP off that gorgeous background and I like the sentiment block with the white. Just stunning design!!

Ros Crawford said...

I can't believe how fast the time has gone and yet there doesn't seem to be a light at the end of the covid tunnel. Beautiful card and I'm loving the colours... Think I'll still be housebound at Christmas Lol! I hope you are okay

Kim Heggins said...

So beautiful!!! Love that gorgeous blue and that die is fabulous!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Your card is so gorgeous. That is a wonderful die you used.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

This is gorgeous Carol, I love the white embossing against the wonderful blue, a Super card. Good you are culling! I need more!!! I haven't been a stamper until the last few months and can see all I want LOL.
Take care
Faith x

Mac Mable said...

Stunning effect with the background shades of blue and the fabulous embossed white snowflakes. A really beautiful card x.

Helen said...

This is just gorgeous Carol - love those vibrant blues!
Helen x

Lindsey said...

This is beautiful in blue! Gorgeous background and great focal sentiment panel.

Sarah said...

This is wonderful, the background is amazing xx

Darnell said...

Your blended blues look so bright against the stark whiteness of those amazing snowflakes, Carol! I love the way you did the sediment panel! I know what you mean about time. I just got used to saying and writing May and here we are in June! Glad it's not just me! Take care and thank you very much for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Trina P. said...

Your card has captured my blue-loving heart! Your shades of blue are gorgeous. Perfect way to highlight the love theme.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...