Friday 1 January 2021

Mama Elephant Botanic Envelope and Stems and Sprigs birthday card



Hello friends, well Christmas is already over for another year and I hope it was a happy one for you, even if it was a little different from usual. I'd like to wish you all a very Happy New Year, and I truly hope that 2021 brings us all some peace and joy after the rollercoaster ride that 2020 presented us with!

We have our first challenge of the year over at Simply Create Too



and for this challenge, we are simply asking you to show us your favourite colour combo.

This was an easy choice for me because I really love this Hawaiian Shores shade from Papertrey Ink along with greens and white.


  

I used a couple of NBUS sets from Mama Elephant for this birthday card - Botanic Envelope and Stems and Sprigs, along with some MFT leaf dies.

I created a background paper with Oxide Ink Sprays and die cut all my foliage from it and then stamped, cut and coloured some of the flowers with Copic markers and coloured pencils.

I cut the envelope, stamped the sentiment which came in the set, and then arranged the flowers and sprigs so they peek out from it. The birthday sentiment is an old favourite from Papertrey Ink and I embossed it in white before adding some white Nuvo Drops to finish it off.

I do hope you will skip over to the Simply Create Too blog to see some inspiration from the team, and if you feel like joining in with us this time, you can add your entry over there any time before the 29th January.

I'd like to play along at

Dies R Us Challenge #160 anything goes with dies  

Die Cut Divas January Challenge - frame it

My NBUS Challenge #22


Thanks for stopping by


Hugs

Carol x

9 comments:

Sarah said...

Wishing you and yours Good Health and happiness Carol. Christmas was certainly a little bit different but I am optimistic that this year will bring a fabulous one!! What a beautiful card this is, the fresh colour is so pretty and the design is fabulous xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

This is fabulous, love the greens and the design, a Beautiful card Carol.
Happy New Year
Faith x

Verna Angerhofer said...

So very beautiful in design and colors. I love it.

Brenda said...

Happy New Year Carol, I hope too this one is a better one and we get off the rollercoaster we have been on all through 2020. Your card is amazing!!! I am so loving your color choices, so beautiful and I can see why you are in love the color Hawaiian Shores, it is stunning. Love how your flowers and leaves fit the envie, so beautiful! Hugs, Brenda

Darnell said...

We are on the same wave length, Carol. I just did a coupla cards using a circle stencil yesterday and used two of my favorite colors ... drum roll ... same as yours!! You've created a real gift of a card with the layers on that flowering envelope with the scallop border. (You've also used my all time favorite PTI set for your sediment!) It's all-over beautiful! Thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Have a Happy New Year and keep safe! Hugs, Darnell

Michelle N. said...

I love those colors too! Absolutely gorgeous card-Thanks for joining us at Die Cut Divas!

Mac Mable said...

What a beautiful card with the prettiest of colours. A real eye catching card and I love it....x Sending New Year hugs x.

Arlene said...

So lovely. Some of my favorite colors too. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas for our "Frame It" challenge this month.

Cindy Beach said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Love those colors!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...