Wednesday 12 October 2022

Lisa Horton Christmas Wreath stepper Christmas card


Good morning and welcome to another challenge at ABC Christmas Challenges.



Wilma is our host this time and she has a lovely little surprise for the winner of the challenge.



Well, we only have 2 more challenges for the year after this one and I know my stash isn't as big as I would like so I need to get a move on! If you are like me and you need to get a wriggle on, I hope our themes this time will encourage you to dive in. We have

U for Unusual Christmas Colours
and
V for Velvet

I went for unusual colours and came up with this card.




 I began by making the background paper using Oxide spray inks and then die cut and matted it onto silver mirri card.

For the wreath, I used my NBUS Lisa Horton Christmas Wreath set that consists of a die, layering stencils and a 3d embossing folder. I really enjoyed using the set and it has great dimension in real life but my photo hasn't captured it, although the close-up at the top gives a little flavour of it.

I finished off by die-cutting the sentiment from Simon Says Stamp and laying it across the centre.

You'll find plenty of inspiration over on the ABC Christmas Challenges blog and you can post your entries there too.

I'd like to play along at







Thanks for stopping by,

Hugs
Carol x

14 comments:

Chrissy said...

Beautiful card Carol, love the wreath and berries, with the colours and sentiment gorgeous..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Dotty Jo said...

My goodness, Carol, what a fabulous card - I love it! The colours, the wreath... everything. Thanks for joining Janet and me at Christmas Kickstart, Jo x

Pat said...

I love the colours you have used here Carol and the wreath design is so pretty using the combination of stencils, EF and die by Lisa Horton and can be used in lots of different ways, and the stepper shape is great too. x

Darnell said...

Ooooh, I love turquoise, so I'm in love with this gorgeous step card, Carol! Your detail with the scalloped matting adds a ton of interest! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Sue said...

Stunning card Carol absolutely love it! and I'm hear with my DT head on as well LOL thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky!! hugs Sue x

Linby said...

This is so beautiful. Love the colours you used.

Sarah said...

Oh wow, that's beautiful Carol and I love the colourway too xx

Greta said...

I'm always drawn to wreaths & oh boy is yours a beauty! Really love this card!

Becca Sadler said...

Carol S: Your Christmas wreath card in teal/aqua is fantastic! Wonderfully crafted! Thanks for sharing at The Holly and Ivy! --Becca/DT

Sue - said...

Beautiful card. I love the colours you’ve used. Thank you for sharing at NBUS.

Brenda said...

Carol, what a stunning Christmas card!!!! I LOVE the color and I love that you made it into a step card. That wreath is just gorgeous and looks pretty dimensional to my eyes. The little pops of red are fabulous. Yes, I am scrambling too, to get my stash fuller. lol Some years I'm on top of my stash and other years I'm not. :-( Hugs, Brenda

Brenda said...

Oops, my comment didn't go through...said it was broken. What the heck? lol Well trying again, so if you get a double comment from me, I'm sorry. This Christmas card is stunning Carol! I LOVE the color! I also love that you made it a step card base, so fun. The wreath is just gorgeous and I can see that it is quite dimensional. Love the little pops of red too. Yes, I'm behind with my stash too, so will am playing catch myself. Hugs, Brenda

Fabiola said...

c'est une splendide création, j'aime beaucoup, biz

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I thought I had commented on this gorgeous card, but came for a visit and saw it hadn't been accepted. I had to let you know I think this is so very beautiful Carol.
Faith x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...