Wednesday 10 May 2023

Taylored Expressions Create in Quads Mistletoe and The Greetery Christmas card

 


Hello everyone, I hope you are well and enjoyed the Coronation if you like that kind of thing. I take the view that it's good to celebrate anything you can in this life, so I was there in front of the tv with a paper crown on, enjoying the spectacle and beautiful music. Because it was raining on Saturday evening, our street party was postponed until Sunday when we and our neighbours came together in beautiful sunshine to enjoy some fabulous company, food and wine. Being lightweights these days, John and I rolled home after a few hours but the younger folks caroused on until the early hours so a good time was had by all - even those who were feeling a little bit delicate the next day, lol! We were away on holiday the week before so I'm sorry I haven't been around to see you for a while but I hope to catch up over the next few days.

Anyway, I'm here to welcome you
to a new challenge at ABC Christmas Challenges


and the theme for May is:

J for

'Jingle Bells'

&

K for

'Kissing'

(underneath the mistletoe)

Choose one or both, and join in the fun. 


Helene is our lovely host this time and she has these cute stamps as a prize for the lucky randomly chosen winner






I chose to go with the K for Kissing 
under the mistletoe theme




Mistletoe has white berries, of course, but I used some artistic license and went for red ones. I used the Taylored Expressions Create In Quads Mistletoe Stencil set to ink the image with various Altenew inks and then stamped the sentiment in matching red ink. The 'Wonderful' die cut is from The Greetery Simply Wonderful stamp and die set and I stamped this in red and added some clear embossing glitter to glam it up a little. I adhered the panel onto a mat which I inked with red around the edges to make it pop.

 


As always, the team has some great inspiration for you over on the ABC Challenges blog and you can link up your entry over there too. 

I'd like to play along at

The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge #139 -anything Christmas goes

Try it on Tuesday - use a stencil

Peace on Earth Challenge #39 - anything Christmas goes

Happy Little Stampers May Stencil Challenge - anything goes


Thanks for stopping by,

Hugs

Carol x

10 comments:

Sarah said...

Sat in front of the tv with a paper crown...that did make me laugh!! Sounds like you had a right old knees up!! We much enjoyed watching the tellybox all day, a once in a lifetime thing like that shouldn't be ignored I say!! LOVE this card, what a fab stencil and the sentiment looks glorious embossed in red glitter xx

Helen said...

Beautiful card...love those red berries!
Helen x

stampinwithanita said...

Such a striking card and kudos to you for getting an early start on your holiday cards! Thanks so much for joining us at The Happy Little Stampers Stencil Challenge this month.

Carole said...

A bright and cheery card..'wonderful' in fact! x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A Beautiful card Carol, I love your take on kissing. Your card has great impact, with its lovely red and green and fabulous sentiment. I liked the Coronation, my second!
Faith x

Sue said...

Gorgeous card Carol love that sentiment die hugs Sue x

Elaine aka Ellapu said...

Wow this is so pretty. Thank you for sharing with us over at Peace on Earth this month and hope to see you in future challenges. Elaine DT xxx

Mrs.B said...

A great card and yes, red berries work well here.
Thanks for sharing with us at Try it on Tuesday.
Avril x

Maria said...

Such a lovely Christmas card! Beautiful berries and fab sentiment!

Fabiola said...

oh Carol, quelle magnifique création, fraiche, charmante et superbe, biz

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...