Wednesday 17 May 2023

Penny Black Hugs and Simon Says Stamp Framed Friendship get well card.


Hello everyone and welcome to another challenge over at Addicted to Stamps and More.


This time we are making marks on our cards with items such as paint, markers, inks etc and I came up with this card



I used my NBUS Penny Black Hugs Edger dies and the image is from an older stamp set which was a collaboration between Simon Says Stamp and Altenew, called Framed Friendship. I used Zig Clean Colour Markers to watercolour the flowers and shade the hugs die cut. I really like that the die set includes the edger die to give some shape to the panel and you can then nestle the hugs die cut up against it. I stacked a few of these die cuts to give some dimension and only coloured the top one. 


I inked the base card with some coordinating ink and stamped the Sending sentiment on it before adding the shaped panel. All the sentiment stamps were pulled from different stamp sets to link up the message, and I finished off by splattering some ink droplets onto the panel. I really like this Hugs die because it can be used with or without the edger die and I know that Penny Black has some new words being released this month too.

As always, my talented Design Teamies have some great inspiration for you over on the ATSM Blog and you can link up your entry over there too.

I'd like to play along at





Thanks for stopping by.

Hugs
Carol x


 

13 comments:

brenda said...

A beautiful bright and happy card to welcome the new day Carol, it's really lovely.

B x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

This is gorgeous Carol, a bright and happy card.
Faith x

Carole said...

Super card Carol, so bright and cheery. Love the die!x

Sue said...

A stunning card Carol so bright and cheerful it's gorgeous hugs Sue x

Nat said...

Fabulous card! Your orange sentiment really pops. Thanks for sharing at PFM
Natx

Darnell said...

This is so summery and cheerful, Carol! The color of your hugs and blending will make the recipient feel like they are getting a warm hug! I love the layout and your Ziggie watercoloring and schplattering are perfect! Thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Sarah said...

Wow, what a glorious riot of colour on this fabulous card.It's beautiful Carol!! xx

Crafty KJ said...

This is absolutely gorgeous and I love how you've coloured these pretty flowers! That sentiment is fab and the edge die is just perfect. Love how you've inked behind it and your splattering is great too! Thanks so much for joining in with my challenge this week at Passion for Markers. hugs, Karen x

Arlene said...

Such a bright and sunny card would lift up my spirits. Lovely. I saw this at NBUS.

Brenda said...

Oh wow, what a cool card Carol! You have certainly made your mark on this card! I love how gorgeous and vibrant it is, very cheerful! Beautifully colored with your Zigs as well. Love the shading on the "hugs" die cut and boy do I ever love that edge shape die for it! That is so cool looking! Those blooms are stunning, this card is sure to brighten up anyone who has been under the weather!!! Love, love, love!! Hugs, Brenda

The Crafty Den said...

What a beautiful card Carol. The flowers are gorgeous and your colouring is perfect. I love the look of the edger sentiment dies and your ombre colouring really makes it pop. Thanks for sharing with us at Passion for Markers this week. Hugs, Denise x

Izzy Scrap said...

WOW ! That is so beautiful Carol ! I really love your layout and these vivid colours make the card so happy and cheerful. I'm sure the recipient will cherish this card ! Hugs x

Anke said...

WOW absolutely stunning Carol, I love your card, fantastic layout and colours.

Hugs
Anke

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...