Wednesday 14 August 2024

Crafter's Companion Reindeer and snowflake Christmas cards








Hello everyone,

I hope you are well and getting some time to play over the summer. Despite the recent hot sunny weather, I've been making Christmas cards which, I admit, does feel a bit odd, but I know I will be pleased when they're ready to be posted in December. The ABC Christmas Challenge keeps me on track to grow my pile of cards and today we are starting another challenge:-

P for Pink

and/or

Q for Quarters

and/or

R for Rudolph

Our lovely Mummylade is hosting this challenge and she has this cute prize of 2 Fizzy Moon stamps for the winner



This is my R for Rudolph card


 I cut a Crafter's Companion Reindeer die in white card and coloured it with Copic Markers. Once I coloured the nose, I went over it with clear sparkle pen and then with Nuvo Crystal Glaze because Rudolph needs a shiny nose. The white frame is a cut and emboss die from John Next Door, and a simple sentiment finishes it. 



My P for Pink card


 For this card, I dipped into my patterned paper stash which doesn't get much use these days, but I was pleased to find some pink snowflake paper to form the background. I die-cut a variety of snowflakes from a darker pink card which has a nice sheen to it, and added them to the card to frame the sentiment from Simon Says Stamp. I added gems to the snowflakes for a finishing touch.


My talented teammates have lots of inspiration for you on the ABC Christmas Challenges blog and if you want to get started on your Christmas makes, we'd love to visit and see your cards.



I'd like to play along at







Thanks for stopping by,

Hugs
Carol x








8 comments:

Vicki said...

Your reindeer card is adorable! Great layering with die cuts. I love the different techniques that you used in addition to the die cuts. The glaze is perfect for Rudolph's shiny nose. Thanks for sharing at A Cut Above's August Challenge.

Dotty Jo said...

Two gorgeous Christmas cards, Carol. Rudolph looks great! Thanks for joining Gundi and me at Christmas Kickstart, Jo x

Helen said...

A fabulous pair of cards Carol - your Rudolph is adorable!
Helen x

Carole said...

Two great cards Carol.. what acute reindeer ad the pretty pink snowflakes are different for a change. I am glad to see that someone is organised for Christmas! xx

papierelle said...

I love your little reindeer, it's so cute!!! Thanks so much for joining Jo and me at Christmas Kickstart!! Gundi

Fabiola said...

oh Carol, que c'est adorable, autant ce joli rose que ce Rudolf si mignon, biz

Marie Bingaman said...

That reindeer (OK, Rudolph) is absolutely adorable...he's so chubby! Your pink snowflake card is beautiful, and your placement of every snowflake is perfect! :)

Michelle B. said...

Reindeer cuteness overload! Completely adorable and love the texture added from the embossing folders! So glad you joined us at Christmas with the Cuties!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...