I'm sorry I haven't been around for a while but my husband was in the hospital for a hip replacement operation and there were complications that led to an admission to ICU. All is well now and he is slowly recovering but quite frankly the blog has been the last thing on my mind over the past few weeks! However, I'm glad to be back and I'll really enjoy having a browse around over the next couple of weeks to catch up with all you've been up to. Luckily, I had a brief period of being organised before all this happened and had my July DT cards ready to go!
It's time for another Watercolour Challenge over at Happy Little Stampers, and our optional twist this time is 'Blue'.
I came up with this card
1) Take a piece of watercolour card and paint a wash of various blue paints from the Gansai Tambi paint set.
2) Stamp the open flower from the Altenew Adore You stamp set onto a couple of post-it notes and cut them out to use as masks. I use the full cover post-it notes, peel off 3, stamp on the top and cut it out, so you have 3 masks that can be reused several times.
3) Stamp a few flowers and leaves in one corner, masking as you go, and emboss with white embossing powder, before cutting the panel out with a stitched rectangle.
4) Stamp and emboss the Thank you sentiment from the same stamp set.
5) Cut a small banner from navy blue card and stamp and emboss the small sentiment.
6) Layer everything up and finish off by adding a few Nuvo Drops.
Our winner for this challenge will receive a $20 coupon to spend at the shop! Check out all the details HERE.
We are lucky enough to have the talented Stephanie join us as Guest Designer this month and you can see her lovely card and lots of inspiration from the team over on the Happy Little Stampers blog. We had lots fabulous entries last month and we are really pleased that so many people like to play along with us - why don't you join in with us this time.
Sadly I have no time to enter any challenges at present:-(
Thanks for stopping by.